Sheriff can't do fingerprints for HCP anymore.

Took my HCP class this weekend.

When to the DMV yesterday.

They gave me paperwork for fingerprinting. The State is using digital fingerprinting now. The State has a contract with a company to do fingerprinting.

You have to register with www.tennessee.cogentid.com

You'll need some code numbers.

After you register you'll need to find a place that actually does the fingerprinting. There aren't that many of them.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

Yeah the time it took after the HCP class until I go the application and finger print process complete took about another 4 or 5 hours of running around.

Guest Steve411

They gave me the nearest UPS location and all I had to do was show up after I had called in the numbers from my application. Took 5 minutes.

Guest db99wj

I guess you small towners could run into problems. Here in Memphis, RangeUSA is an authorized fingerprint place. They have a little office over by the guns for sale case and with the computer and scanner. Takes just a minute or two.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I remember using the Cogent system when I first applied for my HCP. It was a little bit of hassle in that I had to schedule it and then drive down there, but one thing is for sure. The people at Cogent were very quick and professional. I think it took about an hour from the time I left my house until I was done. I had no idea you could even do it at a UPS store. :-\

Guest db99wj
Good to know, db. Beats the DMV anytime!

Oh, you still got to go there and do the paperwork stuff. No getting around the DMV. Always remember, you don't have to go to your county's DMV, you can go to neighboring, less busy DMV's.

For those that don't know, going to a DMV's in Shelby county, means an all day trip a lot of the times.

Guest db99wj
To renew all you have to do is fill out the application and pay your $50 then wait. No fingerprints again.

It's the wait I was referring too. It was taking forever there for awhile. I wonder it it still is?

Guest db99wj
Not sure why there is such a difference, but I've heard of some taking up to 7 months, others just a few weeks.

I know, that's so crazy. ;)

Guest db99wj
why worry about renewel time the receipt is as good as pemit.

Don't need a bunch of paperwork in my wallet, got too much stuff in it already. Don't want to explain it to someone if they happen not be up to snuff on the legalities of it. The side of the road is not a place I want to get into a legal wrong or right discussion.

And to have to wait 3 or 4 or 5 or 7 months, would make me wonder "Why?"

Guest eyescream
I got mine done at a UPS store when I did it a few years back.

Me, too. Took longer to drive there from my house than it did to actually do my fingerprints. It was nice.

Do you have to pay for the fingerprinting too, or is it built into the $115 registration fee?

The $48 the finger print charge is part of the $115 you pay at the DMV.

My process went quick and the girl who actually took my prints was very good looking, always an added bonus.

It was only about a 60 mile round trip to the closest place. And of course it was closed after the DMV so I had to make that trip twice.