inexpensive safe

I got a stack on 16 gun safe from amazon for 379.99 No taxes and the best thing was it was delivered and set in place for free. Best deal I could find on one this size and I didn't have to worry about getting it home.

Amazon.com: Stack-On GSB-16-DS Security Plus 16-Gun Safe, Black: Home Improvement

Any chance you'd post a picture of that safe with the door open? It seems like the deal to me. Any safe I don't have to lift is a great safe for me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you'd post a picture of that safe with the door open? It seems like the deal to me. Any safe I don't have to lift is a great safe for me.

Yeah I'd be interested in that too. You don't have to show off the contents if you don't want to, but I'd love to see the layout.

buk

Sentry Safe 10 Gun Combination Lock Safe - 4061927 | Tractor Supply Company

Cannon TS6030E/21 Gun Safe - 3809071 | Tractor Supply Company

I looked at those two today at tractor supply. I think the second one is the one that cflatt just posted above. I'm liking it but I'm wondering if I can get it cheaper somewhere else. I also looked at the safe from lowes and I wasn't impressed by it.

Edited by 2000silverz28
I have seen that Sentry 10 Gun for sale for about $500 so $299 is a good deal on that.

It's $493.99 with free shipping at amazon.com. It's the exact same safe as tractor supply has and its $200 more. I may have to pick up one of those from tractor supply this weekend. It was serve my needs just fine I think.

Guest abailey362

cflatt that's exactly what it looks like. I can take a couple pics sometime this weekend if I get a chance and still post em up

my only complaint is that the rifle rests aren't adjustable height - I've got some youth model and older rifles that aren't long enough to reach it.

It does come with some extensions to screw into the riflr rests to make scoped guns sit better since it holds the barrel off the wall more.

I think thats what I'm gonna go with. It seems to have more features than the others I've looked at in that price range.

Me and a friend just carried it up two flights of stairs with a furniture dolly, damn thing is heavier than it looks. My ARs don't fit in there very well, I'll post pics later. I may have to buy the dowel rods with magnets on them to get it to my liking.

Me and a friend just carried it up two flights of stairs with a furniture dolly, damn thing is heavier than it looks. My ARs don't fit in there very well, I'll post pics later. I may have to buy the dowel rods with magnets on them to get it to my liking.

I bought one of them tonight. I've got to get a buddy to come over tomorrow to help me get it in the house. It is pretty heavy. I'm glad I don't have to take mine up any stairs.

Right now I'm laid off so as far as saving more money is not really an option. Don't get me wrong....I'd love to have a nice expensive safe but right now its just not going to happen.

I just want suggestions on the best safe for the money thats within my budget.

I hear ya. I'm laid off too from Cummins in Cookeville. There's just not anything around. The jobs I've heard about don't pay that good.

I have two large FireKing safes that I was planning to use as gun safes but just never got around to it. They are keyed safes not combination. They are fire rated. They are very heavy. They are 3 ft wide by 6 ft tall by 1 ft 7 inches deep. They each have two doors that open out wide. They each have 4 shelves that can be moved to any height in the cabinet. I bought them from a warehouse. They retail for about $4,000 each (can you believe it?) The real street price is more like $2,000 each. I'd let them go for $600 each.

PM sent

Shima, If you didn't have the storage containers how many long guns would that big ol boy hold? Thats what I need.

It's advertised as a 19 gun safe, but I guess it depends on what kinds of long guns you're putting in it. If you have optics and mags that take up more room, obviously it won't hold as many.

Guest Dean Wormer

Well, here is a safe you can get for under $200 AND you can mount it to whatever surface you please:

Cabela's -- V-Line Top Draw Pistol Safe

They also make a compact model, wall model, and rifle/shotgun model but this one can hold 2 pistols easy, 3 maybe depending on size. Or two pistols and a couple bolts from your longguns.

Im a believer in MECHANICAL safes, no electronics, electronics fail and need batteries. In the realm of mechanical you have keyless and keyed. I prefer keyless as its fewer keys to worry about plus Jr. could find your keys.

Yes, these are not fire proof, bomb proof, or determined intelligent burglar proof (youd be suprised how alof of 4-figure safes are the same btw). Kiddy proof though, if you are locking up rifles, remove bolts/FCG/firing pins and lock in.

Also, another cheap solution is to get lockable rifle cases and padlock them with a combination lock and set em all to the same combo.