Taurus 92

Guest ross

With all the hate aside about Taurus, this gun shoots great, dead on accurate. The one problem were having is FTE on some rounds, It`s my daughter`s gun and I know limp wristing is part of the problem but not all of it. My question is, can I cut a coil out of the spring or is there a lighter spring I could buy? Or is the spring not the problem at all?

Thanks in advance. Ross

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of ammo are you using? If it's Winchester White box, the loads are known to be very light. Try it with a little hotter ammo like PMC or any NATO-spec.

I'm reluctant to cut a coil off a spring. Spring length can be an important factor, so I would just order a slightly lighter-weight spring from Wolff Springs.

Springs for TAURUS PT92, PT99, PT100, PT101 Semi-Auto Pistols

What happens on the FTE? Is the extractor pulling the brass from the chamber, and then the slide coming forward on the spent shell before it clears the chamber? That is usually what happens with limp wristing.

Is the slide coming back far enough to pick up the next round out of the mag? If so you may have an ejector/extractor issue instead of a recoil spring/limp wrist issue. Maybe not.

Does it happen through out the mag, always the first round, always the last round?

A lighter recoil spring is a cheap easy fix. I would start with a good cleaning of the slide internals and a new spring.

Thanks for the advice. Ammo is federal 115 grain, the slide is coming forward before it clears the chamber, it does it randomely, she has 2 mags and it does it on both. My guess is limpwristing as it`s only happened once with me, but if a lighter spring or hotter ammo will reinstall her confidence in the gun, she`ll shoot more often(and better) I`ll leave the spring alone for now. Any advice on where to find hotter ammo. Thanks again. Ross

Guest strelcevina

i had a same FTE problem with my Beretta 96FS..

after i disassembled extractor it was so much dirt there, that a spring didnt move much at all.

after good cleaning it works 100% since

• 3 weeks later...

Update: She cleaned the hell out of it. Shot both 115 gr federals and 125 gr orange and black box(cant remember the name) and it ate everything. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Ross