Anyone ever seen this? Largest Street Gang

Guest 6.8 AR

I’m not pitching a bitch fit about anything; we are discussing the issue.

Then you have TMMT who claims to the resident bad cop expert and claims that the state of Tennessee has a disproportionate number of bad cops. He then seems stunned that a local forum cop would take offense at his ramblings; and is whining because he thinks he was threatened. WTF did he expect?

I was not a cop in Tennessee but I have trouble believing that they are a bunch of redneck thugs as TMMT is suggesting.

He claims a high number of POST certifications being revoked. Educate me as to what this means. In Illinois you can’t be certified as a Police Officer unless you have a job as a Police Officer, working for a Police Department. You also can’t go to the Police Academy unless you are a Police Officer. It is my understanding that is not the case in Tennessee. Apparently you can attended the academy and be POST certified without having a job as a cop, and possibly never getting a job as a cop, which I assume would cause the certification to expire or be revoked. Could that be the reason for Tennessee having a higher rate of revocations than other states?

First off, yes I'd agree with the others you are having a bit of a nutty, especially when you starting calling folks Redneck Klansmen.

Tennessee does have a disproportionately high number of its POST certifications revoked each month based on population and the averaging method the FBI uses to ratio police. 1/1000 people. This is a statical model the FBI has developed to gauge the ratio of crimes per 1,000 people vs. the average number of cops per 1,000 people, vs the average ratio of 1/1,000. It was developed by the FBI, not by me, it was developed by people who are frankly a whole lot smarter than all of us at statical modeling.

Now Tennessee POST allows non-employed people to avail themselves to the various state academies. Once they graduate and they are given a graduation certificate, POST cuts them a basic law enforcement certification number. This number is held by POST for a period of one year.

During this time frame the graduate must become employed by a POST accredited agency. When that happens the agency notifies POST they have employed the graduate and POST thens sends the POST certification certificate to the officers agency, who then gives it to the officer.

If they do not become employed within one year of graduating they will have to re-attend the PA all over again.

POST does not revoke certifications if you fail to obtain employment. Even after being out of LE for 4 years your POST certification is not revoked, it only expires and must be renewed by re attending an academy.

POST only revokes a certification after a formal POST investigation into behavior which will trigger one.

Tennessee revokes the certification of an average of 30 officers each month. Since I've been working in my current job with the state I've seen a high number of 88 one month and a low number of 12. But the monthly average has been running around 30 for the past 12 months. This coming from a state who's population is 6.3 million. I attended a class no too long ago that dealt specifically with my field of speciality, which ranked the states for crimes and convictions by police. In 2008 Tennessee ranked 16th out of 50. Ohio which has a population of 11 million ranked 17th, if that tells you anything...

There are 374 agencies in the state of Tennessee who employ about 7100 police officers. On any given day POST is working 110 to 120 investigations at the request of the employing or terminating agency. Which ever the case may be. This does not include any open investigations that may or may not be under way by any federal agencies.

See I know a little bit about what I'm speaking of. I'm not someone one rambling on and on about nothing. I do not work for POST. I am a state employee, I am a criminal investigator by classification who works in a very high level state office.

You can believe me, or don't. It really makes no difference to me or to the information and facts I post. If you wish to set aside you anger at (the information?), or me whichever and discuss this as adults I will be very happy to.

Part of my duties include monthly reports to my boss and his boss that contains hard data about official misconduct committed by LE in this state. My boss then includes this information in summary that is forwarded to the Vice Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Vice Chairman of the State and Local Government Committee once every 90 days and when specifically requested.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, DaveTN. I posted it for everything you said.:blush: I love your assumptions about why I posted this video. I did post it to see what kind of response it would get, but I had no intention cop bashing. Your version

of an intellectual discussion tells me there is no room for anyone else's

point of view. Of course, that's the case with 2nd amendment issues, also.

Observation is one thing. Omnipotence is another.

I don't have to prove my respect for LEO's to you. I do it when I meet one,

every time.

I also suggested a way to fix the problem. Policing their own is always a good start. A good cop doesn't want this kind of thing to cloud his or her

public perception, so why not do that? Or, is that 'ratting out your brother or sister'? Better training and hiring practices would possibly be in order.

That video suggested scenes that might be viewed as a 'police state'. I don't ever want to be near that.

Is that acceptable to you?

I sincerely apologize. I can see now that you posted it as a public service message and had the best of intentions. Please forgive me.

Guest 6.8 AR

No, DaveTN. You missed the point of the whole reason I posted this. I honestly thought it was something else when I opened it for the first time. I was quite surprised when I saw it. If I posted it for 'cop bashing purposes' as some might have thought, they were mistaken. If a person says or does something to make another person think about a situation, does that make it bashing? Then I'm guilty of that in all the responses I have posted. Obama, healthcare, 2nd issues, anything else that might evoke an opinion is posted on here for the same reasons.

Yes, I have strong opinions on a lot of things, like everyone else, but I like to think

it is a healthy thing. I just don't think it is healthy to exclude one thing from reality.

It is apparent in your eyes I must be some kind of troublemaker. You're mistaken

about that.

If a person says or does something to make another person think about a situation, does that make it bashing?

Only in certain circles where certain people believe that specific groups are protected classes. That require strict scrutiny and if they could truly get they way suspect classification would apply...

First off, yes I'd agree with the others you are having a bit of a nutty, especially when you starting calling folks Redneck Klansmen.

I know… it’s as freakin ridiculous as saying cops are the biggest gang in the county isn’t it. :tinfoil:

Tennessee does have a disproportionately high number of its POST certifications revoked each month based on population and the averaging method the FBI uses to ratio police. 1/1000 people. This is a statical model the FBI has developed to gauge the ratio of crimes per 1,000 people vs. the average number of cops per 1,000 people, vs the average ratio of 1/1,000. It was developed by the FBI, not by me, it was developed by people who are frankly a whole lot smarter than all of us at statical modeling.

Now Tennessee POST allows non-employed people to avail themselves to the various state academies. Once they graduate and they are given a graduation certificate, POST cuts them a basic law enforcement certification number. This number is held by POST for a period of one year.

During this time frame the graduate must become employed by a POST accredited agency. When that happens the agency notifies POST they have employed the graduate and POST thens sends the POST certification certificate to the officers agency, who then gives it to the officer.

If they do not become employed within one year of graduating they will have to re-attend the PA all over again.

POST does not revoke certifications if you fail to obtain employment. Even after being out of LE for 4 years your POST certification is not revoked, it only expires and must be renewed by re attending an academy.

POST only revokes a certification after a formal POST investigation into behavior which will trigger one.

Okay… If a state was being more aggressive about going after bad cops; would they not have more certifications revoked than other states?

Since you are the Charlie Eppes of the bad cop data… give us an idea how these county's compare. Shelby, Davidson, Knox, Hamilton.

See I know a little bit about what I'm speaking of. I'm not someone one rambling on and on about nothing. I do not work for POST. I am a state employee, I am a criminal investigator by classification who works in a very high level state office.

I’m having a little trouble with this. “Criminal investigator†implies that you have Police powers of arrest and you arrest bad cops. Investigating bad cops would fall on the department, the TBI, the State Police or the Feds. Since you say you work for the state that rules out the Feds, I don’t think any other state agency would hire someone from Atlanta into a position investigating those kinds of crimes; so what do you do?

TMMT,

We all wind up sharing a little bit about ourselves to give weight to our posts. The main reason I don't use a handle is to let folks know that I'm not firing a bunch of crap from the safety of my keyboard. I'm thinking that if those numbers cross your desk, you're probably the most qualified to quote them.

In your short time here you have single handedly started more threads about cops (good or bad depends on the spin you decide to put on the story) than the rest of the forum combined. (That may not be accurate, but I lost track while counting them)

Why would you single this particular thread out to post here? This is political drama and nothing to do with bad cops. Are you planning to run for Sherriff of Rutherford County?

A this point I think its more of an attempt to aggravate you, nothing more

:tinfoil:

So with that I'll depart this thread, so the Mods can rest a bit easier knowing my presence here will no longer contribute to the stirring of the pot, so to speak.

:popcorn:

A this point I think its more of an attempt to aggravate you, nothing more

You aren’t aggravating me. I just think your ideas suck. You aren’t a cop and I’m just trying to figure out what you are and what your agenda is. If you are waiting for a letter of resignation from me… please hold your breath.

So with that I'll depart this thread, so the Mods can rest a bit easier knowing my presence here will no longer contribute to the stirring of the pot, so to speak.

I’m sure all the Mods watching this thread were concerned about you and your presence.

How narcissistic can you be?