A good day shooting.

Hgunner

First off let me say I do not post pictures of my firearms...so if no pics it didn't happen I'm sorry.

Went out with a friend today to do a little pistol shooting. I took my Les

Baer TRS for its final rundown. It had to go back to Mr. Baer so that he could build me a slide stop that would work to my satisfaction with the magazines that I use. So after about 1500 rds of testing she is ready to go as a daily carry piece. Total rd count now about 2K.

My friend has a custom built pistol by a local smith, sold thru a local dealer and branded with the dealers name. Both pistols started out cleaned an lubed.

His gave up and started jamming after 150rds of ball, had to be field stripped, quick cleaned and re-lubed to get back into action.

The TRS went thru 24 rds personal defense ammo, 48rounds of ball.

300 rds of reloads. Then it went thru another half dozem mags loaded in the following fashion. Golden Sabre(GS) LSWC(L),Hydra-Shok(HS)L,GS,L,HS,L.

Ran flawlessly and finished up with the remain 52rds of Ball from a 100rd box. Cleans the lead out of the bore. Dirty as heck, but took a lick'in and kept on tick'in. I've had people hold up there .45's and shake and rattle them and say if don't hear a .45 rattle it won't run, thats toal B:poop:. There is nothing like a well made 1911, and nothing like a Baer. Like they say a bad day shooting is better than a good day at work. But this was definately a good day shooting.

Edited by Hgunner
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off let me say I do not post pictures of my firearms...so if no pics it didn't happen I'm sorry.

Went out with a friend today to do a little pistol shooting. I took my Les

Baer TRS for its final rundown. It had to go back to Mr. Baer so that he could build me a slide stop that would work to my satisfaction with the magazines that I use. So after about 1500 rds of testing she is ready to go as a daily carry piece. Total rd count now about 2K.

My friend has a custom built pistol by a local smith, sold thru a local dealer and branded with the dealers name. Both pistols started out cleaned an lubed.

His gave up and started jamming after 150rds of ball, had to be field stripped, quick cleaned and re-lubed to get back into action.

The TRS went thru 24 rds personal defense ammo, 48rounds of ball.

300 rds of reloads. Then it went thru another half dozem mags loaded in the following fashion. Golden Sabre(GS) LSWC(L),Hydra-Shok(HS)L,GS,L,HS,L.

Ran flawlessly and finished up with the remain 52rds of Ball from a 100rd box. Cleans the lead out of the bore. Dirty as heck, but took a lick'in and kept on tick'in. I've had people hold up there .45's and shake and rattle them and say if don't hear a .45 rattle it won't run, thats toal B:poop:. There is nothing like a well made 1911, and nothing like a Baer. Like they say a bad day shooting is better than a good day at work. But this was definately a good day shooting.

Im Glad Les fixed her up for you, I knew he would, Congrats :rolleyes:

Hi Willis68,

Yeah he did, I talked with him for about 45 minutes one day and explained the issue

and sent him the gun and he built me a slide stop profiled for my mags.

You can get stuff like that done when you can talk to the man himself...:rolleyes:

So are the mags you use some kind of "one off" design or something? Wouldn't CMC's or Wilson's run in it?

No, it would work fine with his mags and the wilson mags which are very similar, I however prefer CMC mags. It was hit and miss with CMC, especially if it was dirty. If it won't run filthy its not good enough in my opinion. He made me one like in his stainless guns which are a slightly different profile, don't ask me why. Now its 100% its gone thru 27 different CMC mags at least 5 times each, runs clean, runs dirty so its good to go IMHO.

Guest Plainsman

Glad to hear it ran well and that you now have it set up exactly like you'd like it. Nothing better than a fine 1911.

It seems that you have an endless expense account for high dollar ammunition. Can we shoot together one day?

I shoot reloads mostly, only thing lets shoot as much as I do. When I can find it I'll by Carry ammo in quantity. You have to test with what you carry and enough to trust it. I have heard but do not know if it is true, but i was told Federal pulled

Hydra-Shok and HST of the civilan market and is LEO only now. This does not bode well with me as I'm a fan of 230gnr Hydra-shoks.

Guest H0TSH0T
awesome. a bad day of shooting can really suck if things go really wrong! lol

did someone say bad day, well i had one last weekend, sheared of the firing pin in my s&w990 and shot a squib in my glock23 the load was my fault as a result in poor quality control in reloading, 1 under out of 10000+ not to bad, but it took me about 45min to pound it out with a dead blow hammer, and i have to send the smith to its maker for custom firing pin since they no longer make that model and have to fit it to the sear. still coming home safe is a good day it could have always been worse. lol.

One of Rick's?