Why no mid-size .45 Glock?

kb4ns

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the 36 was the smallest. I know it's a single stack.

According to the specs on Glock's website, the 36 and 30 ar the exact same size except for width. Width on the 30 is 1.27" and on the 36 it's 1.13".

Matel won't make the molds for them :)

Funny stuff right there :D

I just have to figure out which Glock .45 I want to add to my collection of Glocks. Might need to throw my current 1911 in the 'trading post'. Out of the 3 1911's I've owned (RIA, Kimber, SW1911), none of them can make me as happy as my least favorite Glock. And YES, it's a personal preference, so let's not get caught up in another shouting match. :D

Funny stuff right there :D

I just have to figure out which Glock .45 I want to add to my collection of Glocks. Might need to throw my current 1911 in the 'trading post'. Out of the 3 1911's I've owned (RIA, Kimber, SW1911), none of them can make me as happy as my least favorite Glock. And YES, it's a personal preference, so let's not get caught up in another shouting match. :D

Nothing like warm plastic in your hands.:)

I'm sorry ya'll but I'm waiting on my layoff and I'm bored to tears. So I have to agervate somebody.

Guest JimMc

I own both the G21 (.45) and G20 (10mm) and would hate to have to pick a favorite. Different cal's for different applications. YMMV

I had a Glock 30 and a 21. A friend's Glock 19 was the same size as my Glock 30 with pinky finger Pearce grip extension. The 21 shoots better so I kept it for HD and range use. I sold the 30 to buy a 26 in 9mm which carries much better than the 30 did. The Glock 30 IS a midsize even if the Glock websight calls it a subcompact.

Edited by Shima
I had a Glock 30 and a 21. The Glock 30 was the same size as a friend's 19 with my pinky finger Pearce grip extension. The 21 shoots better so I kept it for HD and range use. I sold the 30 to buy a 26 in 9mm which carries much better than the 30 did. The Glock 30 IS a midsize even if the Glock websight calls it a subcompact.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a correct answer!!!

OK, I see what y'all are saying now. The following is how the G30 and G26 compare:

...........G30 G26

Length 6.77" 6.29"

Height 4.76" 4.17"

The G30 is a good bit larger than the G26 "Subcompact".

Thanks. Hadn't thought to compare the 30 to the other SC models.

The weight difference feels like alot also. I wish they made a true .45 ACP subcompact. I'd like a .45 ACP the size of my Glock 26. I'd be ok if it only held 8 rds in a double stacked magazine. I don't want a 45 GAP. If Kahr can make one that small, it can be done. I wouldn't want it to cost as much as a PM45 though. I know, I want everything.

Edited by Shima

I have always wondered the same thing. A Glock 30 and a 36 are still not the same frame size as the Glock 19/23. About as close as you can get is a Glock 21SF. I would be all over a .45 with the exact same frame size as the 19 or 23.