Gun range in Tullahoma?

Kelemvor

I was out cycling with my wife and her folks and we rode by this nice looking gun range with a bunch of covered shooting lanes. It was on Cumberland Springs road. Do any of you guys know anything about this range? My father-in-law wants to get back to shooting more often, but he doesn't want to do the 40min drive out to Terry Walden's place.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to shoot there many years ago, like in the late 80's or early 90's. I'm pretty sure that a club owns/runs it and it's for members only. I'm thinking it was like a black powder club or something similar.

Edit: Don't hold me to this. I'm going off what I remember my step-dad telling me when we quit going there 15+ years ago.

Edited by brooksjr
I used to shoot there many years ago, like in the late 80's or early 90's. I'm pretty sure that a club owns/runs it and it's for members only. I'm thinking it was like a black powder club or something similar.

Edit: Don't hold me to this. I'm going off what I remember my step-dad telling me when we quit going there 15+ years ago.

I called my step-dad last night to confirm this. It was a muzzleloader only club and at the time they were prosecuting any others caught there. Again this would have been in the early 90's so I have no idea what it's used for now.

Hoselton's is probably 5+ miles away from this range. You can't confuse the two, there is a gun shop at Hoselton's range.

Is Hoselton pretty good though?

I went there last year so I don't remember a lot of the details but it was okay by me. I can't swear to the following details so call if you want to be sure. I don't remember the max distance but I'm thinking it was around 15-18 yards or so. They had 8 lanes I believe and they were covered. The shooting area and where you walk out to the targets is all gravel, so no getting muddy. Each lane has it's own target holder sled that can be pulled closer if you want but there was a minimum distance of about 7 yards. Each lane had a chair. You can keep your brass if you want but you still have to clean your area if you don't. The cost was something odd like maybe $16-$18. When I shot there was no range officer so everybody calls the clear and hot on there own.

The store/shop is geared more towards long guns since it's more of an outdoors/hunting shop but does have pistols.

I hope this helps.

I went there last year so I don't remember a lot of the details but it was okay by me. I can't swear to the following details so call if you want to be sure. I don't remember the max distance but I'm thinking it was around 15-18 yards or so. They had 8 lanes I believe and they were covered. The shooting area and where you walk out to the targets is all gravel, so no getting muddy. Each lane has it's own target holder sled that can be pulled closer if you want but there was a minimum distance of about 7 yards. Each lane had a chair. You can keep your brass if you want but you still have to clean your area if you don't. The cost was something odd like maybe $16-$18. When I shot there was no range officer so everybody calls the clear and hot on there own.

The store/shop is geared more towards long guns since it's more of an outdoors/hunting shop but does have pistols.

I hope this helps.

Was it really that high?! When I called to ask the price they told me like $6 a day.

Was it really that high?! When I called to ask the price they told me like $6 a day.

My bad. I called at it's $8 per shooter. That makes sense now when I said the $16 because my son was with me.

Also the distance is 55 ft. or roughly 18 yards.

My bad. I called at it's $8 per shooter. That makes sense now when I said the $16 because my son was with me.

Also the distance is 55 ft. or roughly 18 yards.

I was just going to post this info. I stopped by there today and asked.

Cumberland Springs is a club owned/operated range and is for all weapons. A friend of mine is a member. The maximum range is 100 yds. Unfortunately, I have no futher details.

Do you know the name of the club? Is there any way I could get an email address or a phone number?