Ruger 10/22 International

Guest Republican

Guest Republican

I traded for a like new 10/22 International today. It is stainless, has a green and black laminate full length stock, sling and Simmons scope. I liked the looks of it. I dont know if I am going to keep it or trade/sell it yet. Was just wandering if it has any advantages over a regular 10/22. Any thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I traded for a like new 10/22 International today. It is stainless, has a green and black laminate full length stock, sling and Simmons scope. I liked the looks of it. I dont know if I am going to keep it or trade/sell it yet. Was just wandering if it has any advantages over a regular 10/22. Any thoughts?

No advantage over the stocker other than looks...they look really nice. Keep it a while, shoot it, then you can trade it to me :D

FYI that green laminate was the older style of Wally World Special in the mig 1990's before they got rid of the laminate and went with a 22" stainless with deluxe stock.

The barrel is longer than my regular 10/22 so shouldnt it be a "little" more accurate?

Only if you are using the stock sights...the longer radius will allow you to shoot iron sights better, but won't get you any more inherit accuracy.

If you do your part and have ammo it likes...that gun will do 1" at 50 yards. Will be hard to do with the heavy trigger pull, but that can easily be fixed.

The barrel is longer than my regular 10/22 so shouldnt it be a "little" more accurate?

I dunno.

Some claim that shorter barrel, especially thin ones as opposed to thick target ones, makes for a more rigid and accurate barrel than a longer one that has more vibrations and harmonics involved.

Certainly a little longer sight radius may make it more accurate simply because the shooter can hold a little more accurately.

Really nice looking rifle.

They still making that International stock model on some dealer exclusive or other?

- OS

Guest Republican

Huh. I have seen these and those like yours before, but not very often. I got 325 in mine and got a 25 round clip on the deal to. I dont think that is to bad considering a new regular 10/22 runs about 250 or so now days.

Huh. I have seen these and those like yours before, but not very often. I got 325 in mine and got a 25 round clip on the deal to. I dont think that is to bad considering a new regular 10/22 runs about 250 or so now days.

You did good...The stock alone has gone for $220 on my rugerforum in the past. They will NOT go down in value, but at the same time won't ever be worth a huge amount of money. Shoot it...enjoy it...be prepared to spend a lot of time talking to people about it at the range.