HCP - Got it!

The wait was short, printed on 3/4, received HCP today (4/9). It seemed like forever though.

I haven't made it to Wal-Mart yet, but I have printed the Wally World Tactical Map and am hoping to go tomorrow. :D

I did carry elsewhere today though. My son and I had an appointment at the optometrist for our annual checkups and new glasses. After stealthily exiting the truck, covertly adjusting the holster, and checking in windows, doors, and under rocks for a properly posted sign, I carried on in.

My XD45C in a High Noon Split Decision prints like a cell phone clipped to my belt under a t-shirt. Made it through my eye exam (and my son's exam), picked out some new eyewear, and headed back to the house.

Quite uneventful, but definitely a strange feeling.

I also stamped and mailed my ex-wife's application for her HCP course today. She's take the class on 4/25. After she saw me go through the process she just had to join in.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

37 days, not a record but not too bad. I'm only at 26 so I guess I cool it for a few more weeks...

Not necessarily. They were waiting on my HCP safety class certificate. The local driver's license office didn't send it. I had to e-mail it to Lisa. That may have delayed things a few days. Keep stalking that mailbox. :lol:

I took the Wally World Walk today. Even bought the last box of .45 in stock. I don't think I was in there for the entire required 45 minutes, but I wandered around electronics as long as I could. For bonus points I also grabbed some food at McDonalds and stopped by the gas station for a 12pk of Dr. Pepper (that I forgot at Walmart).

wait till you feel strange without it then you are there LOL

I'm already not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Not posted, but it is against company policy to have any weapons on the property. :rofl:

Gotta love being disarmed 4 days out of the week. Heck, I can't even browse this forum from work. It is blocked due to subject matter: "weapons"

Not necessarily. They were waiting on my HCP safety class certificate. The local driver's license office didn't send it. I had to e-mail it to Lisa.

Did the Dept of Safety contact you or did you have to figure this out on your own?

What I mean is, did you have to call them? If you did, what day did you call (meaning day 30, or 31, ect?)

Did the Dept of Safety contact you or did you have to figure this out on your own?

What I mean is, did you have to call them? If you did, what day did you call (meaning day 30, or 31, ect?)

I e-mailed Lisa Knight about 25 days after applying just to make sure all of my stuff made it there. In my case, it didn't. I don't know if they would have just continued to wait until they received it (if they did) or...? I just happened to inquire and was told my certificate was missing and to send it over.

Guest David865
I e-mailed Lisa Knight about 25 days after applying just to make sure all of my stuff made it there. In my case, it didn't. I don't know if they would have just continued to wait until they received it (if they did) or...? I just happened to inquire and was told my certificate was missing and to send it over.

They did the same thing to me also. I called a few times after the first month to check my status and they just said its processing or it takes 90 days. Make sure when you call you ask them if they have everything they need or else they may not say anything.