Funny 'clearing' episode I had this morning...

Guest LieutenantDan67

Guest LieutenantDan67

At 5:30 am I heard our two teens upstairs, bumping around getting ready for school....so I went back to sleep. They always get themselves ready and out to the bus everyday and they get us if there are issues or bad weather.

But I woke at 6:30 and my wife and I both heard a thump sound, with no one else in the house. I knew that one of our sons had the dryer going, but that wasn't a dryer sound.

So I got out of bed, put my housepants on (no Captain Underpants appearance today) and picked up my G19 and my cell phone. I went just a few steps out of the bedroom door and heard the dishwasher running?? LOL :rolleyes: (It makes a 'thump' sound when it runs, I'm just used to hearing it in the daytime or evening, never in the morning).

The dishwasher lived through it...and I didn't even have to go from low-ready. :D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad no one and no appliances were injured.

Aside: I was a little hesitant about clicking on this thread. From the title, I couldn't tell if you were going to talk about clearing your house or the effects of the grande enchilada special you had for dinner last night.

This goes along with the "to clear, or not to clear" argument. What if you had hunkered down inside your bedroom to wait for the police. They got there, kicked your door in, only to find that it was the dishwasher...

This is one of the many reasons I will almost always choose to clear my house.

Guest LieutenantDan67
Glad no one and no appliances were injured.

Aside: I was a little hesitant about clicking on this thread. From the title, I couldn't tell if you were going to talk about clearing your house or the effects of the grande enchilada special you had for dinner last night.

LOL, I loooooove Mexican, and it usually doesn't 'revenge' on me :confused:

Almost shot the kitchen trash can early one morning one time.

Luckily, the trashcan was compliant with your order to stay on the floor! (*rimshot*)

Your teens loaded and started the dishwasher!!! sweet, take them to dinner . . :D

I know, right? Kinda amazed. I was just as shocked to see the dishwasher running as I would have if there was a BG in my kitchen!

This goes along with the "to clear, or not to clear" argument. What if you had hunkered down inside your bedroom to wait for the police. They got there, kicked your door in, only to find that it was the dishwasher...

This is one of the many reasons I will almost always choose to clear my house.

LOL, well, it was light by this time of the morning so it wasn't a very adrenaline pumping experience. I was thinking neighbors closing outside doors or car doors to go to work but it was worth a look anyway to be sure.

Guest db99wj

Ummm, you guys don't clear your home everymorning before everyone gets up? I mean, that is a long time that you were asleep, anyone could have come in, I, in the underwear, tactical roll down the hall way yelling contact until the whole house is cleared, then yell back to the family "Clear" and we go have breakfast.

Guest LieutenantDan67
Ummm, you guys don't clear your home everymorning before everyone gets up? I mean, that is a long time that you were asleep, anyone could have come in, I, in the underwear, tactical roll down the hall way yelling contact until the whole house is cleared, then yell back to the family "Clear" and we go have breakfast.

:lol: Great stuff!

Guest Catdaddy

I like to add a blast from the 12 gauge down the hall just to make sure...

Guest 6.8 AR

Years ago, my wife got the Ithaca pump from the refrigerator hiding place when she heard someone out back. Pulled it out and blew the undersink cabinet door away. The disposal made it, anyway. Dog took off running and the kids came in the kitchen crying.

Nothing got stolen that night. She evidently scared off whoever was outside.

Guest Risky Ruger

I had a buddy tell me a story one time about being woke up by sounds in his living room. He sneaks around the corner to see movement in the living room (which of coarse is dark). He yells out that he has a gun and they should leave. Still movement but no response. Well he waits and the noise still occurs with no response. He shines his light in the living room with finger on trigger to see a balloon wrapped in the fan. Needless to say, he had to change his pants once he got the ballooon down. LOL

Guest Tiny G

With 4 kids I had a brown-trouser episode with a three-day old helium balloon floating around the house. I think the stupid ceiling fan must've sucked into the bedroom that night. Stupid thing floats in right at head level . . . HOLY CRAP !!!!!!

Guest db99wj
With 4 kids I had a brown-trouser episode with a three-day old helium balloon floating around the house. I think the stupid ceiling fan must've sucked into the bedroom that night. Stupid thing floats in right at head level . . . HOLY CRAP !!!!!!

I've actually had that happen to me too. Creepy balloons.

Guest Daelith

Our dining room has a full length glass door and window. DH decided to tape some of our practice targets to them (the silhouette type) so he could take some pictures and send them to a friend. He didn’t take them down. I was going through our darkened living room to make sure the back door was locked and glanced over in the dining room. Almost had a cardiac seeing 2 men on our deck. Of course, hubby thought it was hysterical. He should be glad all the guns were out of reach or he would have doing home repair well into the night.

Chucktshoes- Creepy clown! :poop: