New H&K P30S

Tango down

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice tango...

is your trigger LEM, or the standard DA/SA?

V1(da/sa, safety, decocker). Spurred hammer and the safety lever give it away. ( Technically it could be a v9, but it's not available)

EDIT: It seems I'm confused as to my version #s on the p30

Edited by smopoim86
Guest Moody

Here's mine. I absolutely love it. It had to grow on me, as when I purchased it, it *barely* fought its way out over a Sig, but it has proven itself, and is a pleasure to both own and shoot. V3, SA/DA, 9MM.

HKP30.jpg

I will add a P30 at some point in the future. I absolutely love my HK45C. The P30 is a proven beast of toughness.

I have been carrying my HK45C in a Stronghold Phoenix by Occidental, a TT Gunleather designed IWB. It is nearly the same size as my G23. The HK45C conceals wonderfully. I would like to add the P30 and use it for 3 Gun.

Lovely. I would have bought a p30 a long time ago if only there were a way to get a threaded barrel for it.

I believe (I'm not positive) you can put a P30L barrel in a regular P30 and have enough room to have it threaded.

I have a 9mm P30, and really like it.

Range Report - 100 rounds shot tonight flawlessly. I may have to ditch the weapon light. I got the laser sighted in but really don't know what the point of it is on a gun with such good factory sights (illuminecent). All groupings were within 2" at 20' out of the box. Now time to break it down for a thourogh cleaning.

Guest Chandler
I will add a P30 at some point in the future. I absolutely love my HK45C. The P30 is a proven beast of toughness.

I have been carrying my HK45C in a Stronghold Phoenix by Occidental, a TT Gunleather designed IWB. It is nearly the same size as my G23. The HK45C conceals wonderfully. I would like to add the P30 and use it for 3 Gun.

the p30 and the hk45c are what I am looking at to buy next, what would be the pros and cons of either model ?

P30 is superier in regards to ergonomics but only comes in 9 or 40. It also has several different varients for different type trigger option. The P30 is a true ambidextrous gun too including the safety version. The safety option is similar to a 1911 safety...it simply prevents the hammer from striking.

I know the HK45 doesn't have the ergonomics but is still an awesome weapon.

the p30 and the hk45c are what I am looking at to buy next, what would be the pros and cons of either model ?

Well the biggest difference is one has the option of the 9 and 40, the other is 45 only. I won't go into the debate of merits for cartridges.

The P30 is actually just slightly smaller in overall length. The grip may be slightly longer on the P30. The grip of the P30 is definitely larger in diameter. Both fit my medium hands, the HK45C better. The P30 has nicer texturing on the grip and has finger grooves. It may be more comfortable on the range, but the HK45C conceals easier or at least you don't have any textured grips to hang on clothing. The 45 is slightly lighter. Both have great ergonomics, the difference is a matter of preference.

The capacity of the P30 is higher, the HK45C being only 8+1. The P30 has side and back removable grips. The 45C only changeable backstrap.

The recoil of the 45 is not much more than the 9 and is better than the 40 of the 30, but for me this is a general opinion of my Glocks as well as most handguns. However the HK45C has less recoil than any 45 I have owned, even better than my full size gov model 1911's I owned in the past.

The 30 has a longer rail with many more options for lights than the Hk45C has. Both have LEM available triggers, though of the standard DA/SA triggers of most of the HK's I would definitely have to say the 45C trigger is better with a shorter reset. The LEM light version is exceptionally good, much better than the P30 LEM, which is heavier and has too long of a reset IMO. Both can be made to be better though through a few tricks known to the HK fans which you can research. Course you can acclimate to most anything and some opinions I'm sure are based on immediate past experiences, ie what you are most recently used to. That is what pops into mind off the top. There are probably things I have forgotten this late, but someone else will chime in I am sure.

Edited by Warbird
Guest Chandler

Thanks that helps alot , my main interest was in which would be better to ccw. This helps because mist sites just have praise for both with no real comparisons. I think I will go with the hk45c. Budsgunshop.com have best prices? Or is there another?

Thanks that helps alot , my main interest was in which would be better to ccw. This helps because mist sites just have praise for both with no real comparisons. I think I will go with the hk45c. Budsgunshop.com have best prices? Or is there another?

Bud's or CDNN probably have the best prices.