Once again BHO disreguards the law and writes in what he wants to.

Guest redbarron06

Guest 6.8 AR

But it is still about Obama. Bush can do no more harm. I think some of you guys must have voted for Obama in disgust over Bush and never got over it. Obama is the one in the WH now. He's the one directly ruining this country at the moment.

In a way, Obama has succeeded by bashing Bush to the point that some won't let go

and help Obama's cause. Everyone knows Bush made a lot of mistakes, but comparing him to Obama is irrelevant by now. Unless you like communism...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it is still about Obama. Bush can do no more harm. I think some of you guys must have voted for Obama in disgust over Bush and never got over it. Obama is the one in the WH now. He's the one directly ruining this country at the moment.

In a way, Obama has succeeded by bashing Bush to the point that some won't let go

and help Obama's cause. Everyone knows Bush made a lot of mistakes, but comparing him to Obama is irrelevant by now. Unless you like communism...

I'm not big on bashing Bush at all. He had some tough things thrown his way, and handled some of it well. I'm just saying that hypocracy hurts credibility. Little George didn't single-handedly ruin the country any more than BHO can. The machine did it. We're not focusing on the machine.

This will never be a communist country, and you know that. When the population get's all the liberal they can stand, it will swing back the other way. Been going on longer than we've been alive. In fact, they're calling BHO the same names they called FDR. There are just a lot more noise channels open these days.

Guest 6.8 AR

It's closer than it has ever been, but it might swing back the other way in November. We allowed this country to get so close to the edge because of so many apathetic voters and welfare like dependents. But there is a price to pay. When there are more recipients than donors, if you can swallow that word:D, the government turns nasty and becomes draconian in its measures.

It's obvious what the "machine, or Obama" is trying to do with this country right now.

Ruining one piece at a time in small chunks(really large) is costing us, dearly. This game has been played out before. Machine or not, Obama is in charge, and it is

intentional.

Like I said before, I would be the first to acknowledge it if he stands up for the people

and the Constitution. The individual vs collective. He stands with the collective so far.

That's not good. Nor is the machine.

Also, someone needs to run McAfee on the democratic party and get rid of the virus

so it can be a legitimate party, once again. The Tea Party is trying to do that with the republicans. So is Jim Demint. We'll see.

It's still Obama's court, now, not Bush's.

Guest redbarron06
This will never be a communist country, and you know that.

We are not far from it now. We have been working our way in that direction for a long time. When was the last time the federal gov did anything that made them smaller, when was the last time they gave back a state or individual right they have taken away? More, more, more is all they want.

Guest Drewsett

I was driving home from work yesterday and noticed several flags at half mast and wondered why...now I know. Oh and from the OP's post

In the event of the death of other

officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at

half-staff according to Presidential instructions or orders

It would appear that the order to fly it at half mast is ok according to the code you posted...but I DO think that it cheapens it...she wasn't a gov. official or member of the armed services...oh well. Like others have said, there are much more important reasons to be mad

Guest redbarron06
I was driving home from work yesterday and noticed several flags at half mast and wondered why...now I know. Oh and from the OP's post

In the event of the death of other

officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at

half-staff according to Presidential instructions or orders

It would appear that the order to fly it at half mast is ok according to the code you posted...but I DO think that it cheapens it...she wasn't a gov. official or member of the armed services...oh well. Like others have said, there are much more important reasons to be mad

how do you get it was OK. She was not an official of the US or a dignitaries. These are the only 2 reason POTUS can authorize the flying of the flag at half staff. And yes it does cheapen it when POTUS can order it willy nilly for anybody he wants to. But what is upsetting is that he ignored the law. He continues to ignore the law over and over. Ignoring it when there was voter imtimidation in Philly, and how many more times is it going to be ignored. What law will he ignore next? 1A, 2A, 4A?

It's closer than it has ever been, but it might swing back the other way in November. We allowed this country to get so close to the edge because of so many apathetic voters and welfare like dependents. But there is a price to pay. When there are more recipients than donors, if you can swallow that word:D, the government turns nasty and becomes draconian in its measures.

It's obvious what the "machine, or Obama" is trying to do with this country right now.

Ruining one piece at a time in small chunks(really large) is costing us, dearly. This game has been played out before. Machine or not, Obama is in charge, and it is

intentional.

Like I said before, I would be the first to acknowledge it if he stands up for the people

and the Constitution. The individual vs collective. He stands with the collective so far.

That's not good. Nor is the machine.

Also, someone needs to run McAfee on the democratic party and get rid of the virus

so it can be a legitimate party, once again. The Tea Party is trying to do that with the republicans. So is Jim Demint. We'll see.

It's still Obama's court, now, not Bush's.

I think I agree with that, but may argue about motives and absolute results. I wish our news sources could be trusted these days, but since they can't, we really need to dig into the hard numbers.

I think the Tea Party will be significant, but won't reach critical mass unless taxes on the middle class really go up significantly. It's still speculation. I don't care if they tax Warren Buffet. In fact, I want them to.

Right now, if you hit the Gallup site, Obama still has... Approve: 49%, Disapprove: 44%. How much credit do you give to the will of the people?

Guest 6.8 AR
I think I agree with that, but may argue about motives and absolute results. I wish our news sources could be trusted these days, but since they can't, we really need to dig into the hard numbers.

I think the Tea Party will be significant, but won't reach critical mass unless taxes on the middle class really go up significantly. It's still speculation. I don't care if they tax Warren Buffet. In fact, I want them to.

Right now, if you hit the Gallup site, Obama still has... Approve: 49%, Disapprove: 44%. How much credit do you give to the will of the people?

I would rather they tax everyone, even all the folks on the public trough, at an even rate. Tax Warren Buffet at 100 % and it doesn't fix much. Tax all at a fair and much lower rate, cut the hands off politicians that spend it faster than they can steal it, and threaten them with their lives and it might fix things.

As far as polls go, what are the others indicating? Yes I am concerned about the will of the people.

Mike, you know how I feel about him:D

I would rather they tax everyone, even all the folks on the public trough, at an even rate. Tax Warren Buffet at 100 % and it doesn't fix much. Tax all at a fair and much lower rate, cut the hands off politicians that spend it faster than they can steal it, and threaten them with their lives and it might fix things.

As far as polls go, what are the others indicating? Yes I am concerned about the will of the people.

Mike, you know how I feel about him:bowrofl:

Uh Huh :rolleyes:.

how do you get it was OK. She was not an official of the US or a dignitaries. These are the only 2 reason POTUS can authorize the flying of the flag at half staff. And yes it does cheapen it when POTUS can order it willy nilly for anybody he wants to. But what is upsetting is that he ignored the law. He continues to ignore the law over and over. Ignoring it when there was voter imtimidation in Philly, and how many more times is it going to be ignored. What law will he ignore next? 1A, 2A, 4A?

Looks like he keeps ignoring the same one.

White House flies flags at half-staff for Ft. Hood victims - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Then we should fly them all half staff until the removal of all U.S. troops!

I don't know PJ. Losing troups is always tragic, but the Ft. Hood thing was worse. We can all debate about when it's appropriate, but that ain't what this thread is about.

If it was illegal, how come the Republicans aren't all over it? Every time Obama farts crooked, you see that same picture of Michael Steele on the CNN web site.

I just want to see less activity from him for awhile.:rolleyes:

X2 On that one. I know from my point of view from the type of business I'm in, it seems like every time he opens his mouth all of my customers put their projects on hold. :bowrofl: