Girls and Guns - positive news story

Guest Daelith

Guest Daelith

This was posted over at the Women and Guns forum and thought I would cross post it since it's nice to have a positive story in the news about guns.

Only negative was the gun safety rule broken by the reporter at the beginning of the video.:lol:

Girls & Guns

Might help some here who have been having trouble convincing wives/girlfriends that they should give it a try.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldsmobile98

Thanks for posting this!

I'm trying to get my mom and sister interested in guns.

I hope we can get concealed carry on campus passed. The number of rapes reported at Vanderbilt this year was zero, but like the student newspaper said, the great majority of rapes here go unreported. If we can get ladies to carry legally on campus, we might see the actual number of rapes here plummet to zero, or close to zero.

Edited by oldsmobile98
Guest blackbeltchick

I've been ask to teach my daughters Mother-in-law how to shoot and to pick out the right gun for her! What a honor to be ask to help another women to protect herself!

I have mixed feelings on the campus carry. I strongly believe in women protecting them selves but at the same time I know how some women lose their tempers at the snap of a finger and don't think rationally. That being said, I would hate to see that some one was shot because of some stupid quarrel. Then again I hate hearing about how another woman has been attacked and raped or killed by some physco. See mixed feelings here.

I'm loving the "Girls and Guns" graphic in the top right at the start of the video. Apparently you're all pink, angry, and scary. Also angry...And really scary, with a side of terrifying eyebrows.

Unrelated note: the commenter that goes on and on about getting emotional, etc. should be ignored. Crazy people kill despite societal controls; hormones and weapons are tertiary concerns at worst. She does female gun owners a great disservice. Keep carrying; I hope to get mom and my sister on board soon.

Guest oldsmobile98
I've been ask to teach my daughters Mother-in-law how to shoot and to pick out the right gun for her! What a honor to be ask to help another women to protect herself!

I have mixed feelings on the campus carry. I strongly believe in women protecting them selves but at the same time I know how some women lose their tempers at the snap of a finger and don't think rationally. That being said, I would hate to see that some one was shot because of some stupid quarrel. Then again I hate hearing about how another woman has been attacked and raped or killed by some physco. See mixed feelings here.

I am not a lady, and I haven't ever been a lady, so I can't speak to that. But I will say that, from what I can tell, I am more responsible when I carry. The gun on my hip reminds me that the small things are often not worth arguing over. I can only guess that this would be the same for ladies.

And I'm sure there are more than a few female college students that carry a knife or some pepper spray, but I don't often hear about them utilizing those tools during an argument. They usually seek revenge through social means, I suppose.

I can honestly say that being a gun owner saved my district manager from getting sent to the ER. If I hadn't been risking getting my 1911 taken away and losing gun ownership priviliges I would've beaten him into the ground until he wouldn't get up. (I've had a couple issues with him)

Guest blackbeltchick
I am not a lady, and I haven't ever been a lady, so I can't speak to that. But I will say that, from what I can tell, I am more responsible when I carry. The gun on my hip reminds me that the small things are often not worth arguing over. I can only guess that this would be the same for ladies.

And I'm sure there are more than a few female college students that carry a knife or some pepper spray, but I don't often hear about them utilizing those tools during an argument. They usually seek revenge through social means, I suppose.

Thats true, you don't hear about any one getting utilizied with pepper spray and you may or may not hear about an attack with a knife. You will hear about a shooting. And I agree, I am more responsible when I carry as you but unfortunely not everone has common sense and those people make us look like bad people. IMO