Status of MCTS Range in Dickson, TN

Status update

A) Bridge is out - MCTS/NTPS are discussing possible concrete bridge replacement for this upcoming weekend

:rolleyes: Access road is rutted up - Fixed

C) Bay 1 is rutted up - Fixed

D) Bay 2 is badly rutted up - Fixed

E) Bay 3 looks pretty good - All props have been collected

F) Woods walk looks to be in good shape - No work necessary

G) Drainage ditches all need to be reworked - Still needs attention

H) Berm trees have been cut down and most of them have been collected waiting to burn.

J) Parking will be across the Wheeler house in the field. It has been mowed. All participants will have to walk across to the match unless they want to go across the low water crossing. PLEASE watch your clearance while crossing. It is not worth tearing up your ride.

J. Michael Bresson - Vice President MCTS

www.mctsclub.com

Edited by HOGNUT
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are discussing logistics for bridge work being done with concrete. Hopefully all possible vendors can be contacted this week and we can have the bridge poured this weekend. If this is done, we will have a better secured facilities plus the neighbors can sleep without the clanking of the bridge at 7AM. The bridge will take a minimum of 28 days to cure.

Guest Bronker
We are discussing logistics for bridge work being done with concrete. Hopefully all possible vendors can be contacted this week and we can have the bridge poured this weekend. If this is done, we will have a better secured facilities plus the neighbors can sleep without the clanking of the bridge at 7AM. The bridge will take a minimum of 28 days to cure.

I can give you some local, reliable concrete contractor names if need be.

I got your message, Michael. I'll call you tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

The bridge is done!!!!!:stare: Well mostly. There are a few finishing touches that have to be done, but it is completely usable.

Also, there will be a USPSA match at NTPS this weekend, so come out and play and drive over the new bridge as many times as you like. I know I have a new found appreciation for that bridge.:dropjaw:

The bridge is done!!!!!:stare: Well mostly. There are a few finishing touches that have to be done, but it is completely usable.

Also, there will be a USPSA match at NTPS this weekend, so come out and play and drive over the new bridge as many times as you like. I know I have a new found appreciation for that bridge.:dropjaw:

You guys are awesome, that bridge is better than ever.

Sorry I couldn't make it down to help out, but please accept my thanks and respect to those who put the time and sweat into building that monster so we all can shoot.

I owe you all a beer anytime.

- Chip

Let's all get out there and support the 1st match on the range since the bridge has been constructed. I will start a new match thread for you Tim to gain some more interest: nickname = Thread bandit with a sore back(LOL).

MCTS will be on the range this Sunday with range work mowing, weed wacking, chainsawing, etc. Please come out and assist with the last clean up efforts for the year(we hope)!

J. Michael Bresson - Vice President MCTS

VicePresident@mctsclub.com

www.mctsclub.com

Great job by the NTPS crew on the bridge. Also a big thanks to the MCTS members who have donated some extra funds to help pay for our share of the rebuild.

Looks great and looking forward to the final touches so we can all get focused back on the shooting!