Some People Just Don't Need To Own Guns

The Rabbi

Guest Halfpint

Mang, I be hurrin dis kinna spit all day. I be livin in Memphrica, bruh. All dese foo's n'ey clips fo dey nines n' dey foteys . . . dun nobody kno a foo need a spout fo keepin da hizzle clean?

To be VERY blunt, I prefer speaking Spanish or French to some of our bilingual regulars than I do to "wurkin wiff" most of the brothas who have no clue what they're talking about, no matter what language they speak.

I have to go home and have an intelligent conversation with my brother or girlfriend in order to remind myself I'm part of a minority here--I have an education.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mang, I be hurrin dis kinna spit all day. I be livin in Memphrica, bruh. All dese foo's n'ey clips fo dey nines n' dey foteys . . . dun nobody kno a foo need a spout fo keepin da hizzle clean?

To be VERY blunt, I prefer speaking Spanish or French to some of our bilingual regulars than I do to "wurkin wiff" most of the brothas who have no clue what they're talking about, no matter what language they speak.

I have to go home and have an intelligent conversation with my brother or girlfriend in order to remind myself I'm part of a minority here--I have an education.

You bring up a good, but unrelated point. Bill Cosby in his notorious address to the NAACP mentioned that he couldn't understand the "crap coming from these people's mouths." He wondered how anyone could get a job and get ahead talking like that. It's a good question.

But in the meantime it's fun to report on.

i was at wally word couple days ago and there was a hommie gettin tha cheepest box oa 9 fo his sh*t.I just shook my head thanking god atleast hes not smart nuff to realize fmj white box aint gonna stop nobody when my sh*t will drop a hippo :)

i was at wally word couple days ago and there was a hommie gettin tha cheepest box oa 9 fo his sh*t.I just shook my head thanking god atleast hes not smart nuff to realize fmj white box aint gonna stop nobody when my sh*t will drop a hippo :)

Well, if you're going to rap people for buying cheap Wally White Box ammo then you'll make a lot of enemies here.

And how do you know he wasn't headed to the range?

And 2 to the body, 1 to the head of 9mm fmj will turn someone's day real bad in a hurry.

Well, if you're going to rap people for buying cheap Wally White Box ammo then you'll make a lot of enemies here.

And 2 to the body, 1 to the head of 9mm fmj will turn someone's day real bad in a hurry.

fo' shizzle!

Guest bluecanary25

Rabbi, reading this post makes me think;

You need a good nights sleep before opening your shop each day.

No telling who/what is coming in the door and you need to be awake.

I am very curious why English is NOT the official language of the US of A.

Biblical/cautionary tale in the Tower of Babel, illustrates the need to communicate with a common language. Otherwise, there is no effective means withwhich to work together (this includes sex, as that employs body language :) ) But that is a different rant.....

let me clarify :)

i use white box for the range but how many hommies go to the range and practice?something tells me he aint got no chedder for range fees

let me clarify again!im talking thug not african american

How did you know he was a thug? Because he dressed like one?

I thought that when I first opened. But after a while and enough customers I learned some people just like to dress like that. Otherwise they're guys with jobs and often wife and kids. Yeah, I wouldn't do it but not my choice.

Of course some of them really are thugs and low-lifes.

your right,im assuming,but i live in the worst zip in chattanooga(brainerd)there is a lot of thugs in this area.there has beenthree shootings(if i remember correct)this year and a couple stabbings,so my assuming has the odds of being correct.hopefully assuming will end when i move after the holidays,but untill then....

Guest CrazyLincoln
How did you know he was a thug? Because he dressed like one?

I thought that when I first opened. But after a while and enough customers I learned some people just like to dress like that. Otherwise they're guys with jobs and often wife and kids. Yeah, I wouldn't do it but not my choice.

Of course some of them really are thugs and low-lifes.

Point taken, however, if you don't care enough to even use colloquial english you probably don't care about other things, like gun safety.

Its not just thugs. I can think of some hillbilly rednecks that probably don't need to own a gun either( in the negative sense of the word, not just good ol' southern boys).

Stupid is as stupid does. And stupid people, thugs or otherwise, don't need to own guns.

Stupid is one thing, recklessness and/or criminal intent is another.

There are plenty of people who have less than average intelligence who are perfectly moral, capable and deserved of being able to protect themselves. OTOH there are some very smart evil people.

I do believe that there is some threshold of understanding which is required in order to safely and properly operate a firearm... but I don't think that it can be correlated with an IQ (I know a few rocket scientists who might need to be rushed to the ER if they attempted to use a stapler...).

And the Rabbi is correct in saying that certain modes of dress and speech are culture driven... and not automatically related to criminal intent. Nor does it mean that a person is not intelligent. It is sad that certain cultures mindlessly perpetuate the image of being a criminal, though (which is exactly what we are talking about). It is humorous... but then again, the end result is not.

Guest CrazyLincoln

Let me rephrase. I do not imply stupidity as sense of ones knowledge or IQ or similar quantification, but rather one's sense.

Would I give Forest Gump a gun? Sure, he has enough sense even though he may not be smart.

The thug culture has a vibe of crime being "cool". If you have enough sense to realize crime isn't, but still want to dress and act like a thug, then I have no problem with you owning a gun. But I don't see that many thug types with that much sense. Then again, I don't hang around with many thug types.

I'm not criticizing rabbi's judgment, he sees a lot more of them then I do. I just have concern when a subculture glorifies senseless things.

if you dress like a thug you will be perceived as one! ie>the low hanging pants was started when thugs were arrested,and there belts taken,and so on...

in this country the way you dress can reflect your person.if your an attorney you will dress in a suit and tie,if your a thug you will dress like one...

remember the saying if it walks like a duck?imo if you dont want to be treated like one done dress like one!

Stupid is as stupid does. And stupid people, thugs or otherwise, don't need to own guns.

I have learned something about human nature here.

I have had people wanting to come in on a Fri to buy something. They dont make it in time and I am closed.

So, no big deal, just come back Mon, right?

They seldom/never do. Why? Because by Mon they don't have any money.

Now, consider this: every gun I sell is probably between $200 and $600. Any way you slice it, it isn't really an impulse purchase. It is something you save for or shop for or make deliberate decisions about.

And yet these people cannot hold on to their money for 2 days to make a purchase they supposedly have thought about for a while. Why?

I am convinced that many people have no conception of the future. They react to circumstance happening right then in front of them. They additionally have no notion of consequences. Someone acts, they react. Then. With no concern for what will happen after that.

Gun laws are good at restricting ownership for people like that. They can't have it now, so they walk away. And once gone it's out of their thoughts.

Sometimes while out making adult beverage deliveries we go through some of the seedier parts of town. I always get a chuckle out of seeing the thug type walking down the street with a death grip on the waist band of their pants. I wonder if there is a method for buying oversized pants. Like if you wear a 32 do you buy a 40 or a 42? Is a certain amount a standard in buying larger sizes.

There is one liquor store on merchants rd that has a big sign in the door lecturing about wearing those types of pants. Basically if you are wearing them they do not want your business.

Guest canynracer

I dont dress quite that bad, but I do prefer baggier pants, they are more comfortable, keep in mind, I said baggy, NOT sagging...but I do tend to wear one size bigger in shirts...

Being Bald, with a goatee doesnt help the baggy pants...when I wear a beanie on my head, it looks a little worse...do I look like a "Thug"? maybe, but not intentionally...my wife calls it the "bad boy" look, and she LOVES it...although we make fun of the people that take it too far...

I know what Rabbi means, I lived in the neighborhoods...but you do get a certain "Feeling" that hits your gut, when a TRUE "Thug" or "Gangsta" walks in the door...

some just like the look to keep others away, some do it for the chicks...lol

Guest Mugster
I dont have a dress that is quite that bad, but I do prefer baggier pants, they are more comfortable, keep in mind, I said baggy, NOT sagging...but I do tend to wear one size bigger in shirts...

Being Bald, with a goatee doesnt help the baggy pants...when I wear a beanie on my head, it looks a little worse...do I look like a "Thug"? maybe, but not intentionally...my wife calls it the "bad boy" look, and she LOVES it...although we make fun of the people that take it too far...

I know what Rabbi means, I lived in the neighborhoods...but you do get a certain "Feeling" that hits your gut, when a TRUE "Thug" or "Gangsta" walks in the door...

some just like the look to keep others away, some do it for the chicks...lol

Bald with a goatee wearing a dress? Thats pretty scary on several levels.

Reread your first line of that post :D