What to do in Lexington, TN?

A note of information.

Board of Aldermen are not very concerned with Citizen input. Held a closed door meeting to Opt-Out of the Parks Carry Bill, no public hearing, the Mayor is of the same persuasion. Citizens are to be herded, not listened to.

Lexingtonpaper.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont waist ur time on that i know well have met the guy hes not gonna care .the johnson guy that was mayor was a great guy hes an alderman now.i was a member of the country club and played golf with them .anyway natchez trace park is worth riding thru and pin oak lodge is a good place to eat on the park .if u dropmy name to the manager she will prob let u eat free her names cindy .

Guest TennFarmer

Shilo battlefield is not really that far down the road from Lexington. Jackson is the next biggest town, right? There are 7 lakes in that area, bound to be some good fishin'. I stayed at one state park there, can't remember which one though but I think it's on Pin Oak Lake.

I made a trip to Lexington once for a speeding ticket, 89 in a 70 (really, doing 95, but the trooper wrote for 89) on I40 westbound. Either way, they have (or did 9 years ago) a great setup in that county for speeding...just pay costs and dismissed. No judge, no record. Was really fast service too.

I would go to Jackson, lots to do there. I was in a school in Jackson last week. What school is in Lexington? Mine was I&I.

Radar & LIDAR Instructor

I went through Advanced Crash Investigation in Jackson. They made me drive back and forth every day for two weeks. I was not happy, but the overtime on the check for travel time was nice!

BTW, what did you think of the I&I class? They sent 6 or 8 of our guys to one somewhere in MS a while back and they liked it. If I ever end up somewhere besides the Traffic Division, I might try to talk them into sending me.

That's the one, RTCA. I might look at taking it someday. I'm in no rush, though. Kinda tired of schools. I spent 7 weeks in different schools last year. Kinda feel like I've been sent back to college. :P

Guest Sgt. Joe

You could come to Jackson and we could go Thug huntin....

I am certain we could get a few but I dont know what the hides sell for or if it is actually legal to huntem or not.

Just a thought:p

There just aint much happenning out this way, you are a couple of weeks early for the annual Blues Fest, which is pretty cool but it is sometime in June.

Guest Sgt. Joe

You leaving tomorrow or next Sunday?

My wife is going to St. Louis this tues eve and I will have the kiddos all week.

If it is Next Sunday all week would be open and I could get you a free lane at our indoor range which is open until 8 PM if ya wanted.

So I made it here in one piece. The little Mexican restaurant isn't bad. But, so far, the highlight of the trip has been being verbally reprimanded by cashier granny at WalMart for trying to buy beer at 6:15pm. Apparently, everyone is supposed to know that in Lexington, you have to buy beer before 6pm on Sundays. A sign near the beer would have been nice...