On-Target (Murfreesboro) to not host USPSA matches for forseeable future

• Administrator

I was just informed tonight that On Target will not be doing the USPSA shoot this month (January) and may be taking a break from it for a while to come. Apparently turnout is good for them in the colder months because folks enjoy shooting indoors, but not good during the warmer months.

Yes... I realize that this is Winter and therefore turnout should be good. But it's more of a fact that they had decided not to do it in 2008.

If enough people were to honestly commit to attending some matches if On Target were to host them again --and actually show up (!!!)-- then they might take that into consideration and host them again.

www.onttargettn.com

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Sean @ On Target and I were talking about that last night. They did a Friday night match back during the first few months of 2007 and I really enjoyed it. It was easily one of the most fun matches I've ever shot.

He seemed open to the idea of doing a nighttime shoot again sometime.

As a former match director at an indoor range myself(Carter's in Chattanooga)I can tell you that weeknights are no good.On the Thursday night match I would get maybe 6 or 8 shooters on a good night,most weeks it was 2 to 5.That was one of many reasons I quit doing it.

• Administrator

From my conversation with Sean, it sounded like a Friday night match would be in mind if this happens again. We did this on a Friday night at the first of the year and it was perfect. Everyone could sleep in on Saturday if they wanted.

Saturday nights are almost as bad as week nights since some folks go to church on Sunday morning.

• 2 weeks later...