HTC EVO 4G. test

Guest strelcevina

I will be going with the evo also but not till next month when my contract is up. decent timing could have been a bit better but fits just right I suppose. I think sprint has a pretty good plan also.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the people complaining about the battery. With all the radios the Evo has...it's a power hog. I have a USB cable at my desk, a charger in the car and a charger in the bedroom. I can't believe people don't plug their phones in overnight.

Is it that hard to plug in a phone? I can understand people who work outdoors/construction, etc for 10 hours a day. Turn off some of the radios and you'll be fine. I haven't ran into any more battery issues than I did with my Touch Pro II, or any other smartphone

Guest strelcevina

im even more impressed with HTC Evo.

i was on Fring conected to skype video call , from Charlotte ave to Cenntenial rd up to 8ave Metro center and back to Bellevue.

i was on Interstate and regular roads , and connection was 100% reliable.

btw video call was done on 3G. and was more than 45 minute long in one setting.

yup you heard it good. a 45 minutes Video call around Nashville

i cant imagine how will be on 4G

btw i tested 4G speed . it went from 1300-to-2600Kbps Down and 699-to-999Kbps Up

3G was constant around 700Kbps Up&Down

2 hour Trip with everything on 4G wifi ,navigation in background ,video stream , skype ,internet including my post i made on TGO :meh: , took 50% of my battery power.

Guest strelcevina
Strel, I envy you more than you'll ever know! And yes, Androids are the :death:!!

:bat:

there is few negatives on this phone.

first one is : to much stuff on it for a phone.

it takes to long,just to change a phone settings. it reminded me on Linux OS.

it toked me 2hours to figure it out how to change option for placing a phonecalls that bypass google voice .

BTW Google voice is sweeeeeet. you get to chose your # like 555-your name:D

2: when i was on skype, i received a phone call ,and skype went to background and i couldnt just bring it back.

i had to go to home screen, than manually find a skype and turn it back on .

3. flash player doesn't work in a browser. there are few workarounds

but it complicates a phone experience.

i heard android 2.2 should fix a issue.

4. it is very easy to activate something by accident.

if a phone is on. just holding it in a hand i somehow is easy touch a quick search button. it is just to sensitive.

i still didn't find a settings to change that, what brings me on the first issue:)

btw im telling you just this skype video call would sell me this phone ;)

Guest strelcevina

just a little update.

today i used a phone for little more than 2 hours talk time. one hour of those 2 was done in one setting . about 10 minutes video call and about 15 minutes online TGO web browsing.

and about 10-15 minutes playing with a settings with Pandora radio playing in a background.

4G, and bluetooth was off all the time and WIFI, GPS, was off 50% of time

and i still have 60% power.

so far it looks like battery power will be enough for whole day of use. :drama:

Negatives.

that stainless steel hinge/stand gets hot when u talk more than 15-30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest strelcevina

more update.

battery life is standing strong

i streamed HQ video live with qik. from my pool for about hour. and watched some you tube videos , listen pandora and talked on skype and the phone.

still i had more than 60% power

it is not 10 hour Ipad but it is good enough.

Negatives.

after streaming HQ video for an hour that stainless steel hinge/stand got uncomfortable hot. battery was showing 52 Celsius or 125 Fahrenheit.

i couldn't touch it for longer than few second. it was that hot

good thing is that hinge is flush fit. so you don't really have to touch it