9mm revolver

bayouvol

I have one of the S&W 547's. Paid 200 for it probably six years ago. Not as nice as the Gun Broker ad, but in real nice shape. I shoot it fairly often and it gets a few odd looks. It definitely has a different sound and is rather a handful with a good 9mm load, Never had any ejection problems with it. Its just a little harder to clean than some other revolvers. Maybe I just used lower quality ammo, but it does seem to get very dirty quickly.

Personally, I like the gun and have no desire to part with it. Perhaps it's just me but I rather like the format and see nothing wrong with revolvers chambered for other calibers, novelty or not. I also have a 625 Mountain Gun in 45 acp and like it too. So what's the big difference? Just another autoloader cartridge in a wheel gun.:lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie
S&W 547 SMITH WESSON 9MM ORIGINAL IN BOX I TRADE! : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Has some really good pics of the extractor near the bottom of the page.

The 9mm wheel gun seems to be popular this week. There has been a thread on every major gun forum I am a member of.

As for need of a 9mm snub nose. A need could be that you don't want to stock different ammo. Like all you have is 9mm 5.56 22lr 308 and 12 gauge.

Yep, that's probably the model I've seen.

Seems like the extractors were a bit more curved, and projected out into the chambers a little more though...

It's been a while since I saw it, so I may be mis-remembering that part.

J.

I was thinking that there will always be 9mm around because of it being a military round. With the police going away from 357 and 38 there is not as much demand so I can see it disappearing during the guverment crack down on ammo. My wrist will not let me shoot semi's as light as the keltec. I always have feed issues with them. I know the revolver may kick more but it isn't going to jam on me if I limp wrist due to pain.

Yep, that's probably the model I've seen.

Seems like the extractors were a bit more curved, and projected out into the chambers a little more though...

It's been a while since I saw it, so I may be mis-remembering that part.

J.

I just found that ad by pure chance the other day looking for the taurus 9mm and have it book marked till it ends. If I hit the mega millions I will be able to post personal pics of all these great and unique guns. :stunned: