bell and carlson stock

my82cam

i just ordered a bell and carlson stock for my remington 700 in 30-06 to replace the camo synthetic stock it came with(buckmaster edition) i have heard some pretty good things about bell and carlson and h s precision. since money is tight with the new house, i decided to try a bell and carlson as they are $150 or so cheaper than the h s precision. has anybody ever tried one, are they as good as the h s? i got the gray with black webbing. i will post pictures as soon as i get it and when i find the right box with my camera cable. lol

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one being fitted to my pre 64' Mod. 70 at this time. Looks like we have the same color preference. I would post a picture but, it appears that I am not allowed to post attachments for reasons that I don't understand or have information on what is necessary for me to perform that operation.

The B & C stocks seem, to me, to be well made and appear to be a bargain when compared to other stocks. I have two McMillian stocks on match rifles but, simply could not justify the expense for my primary hunting rifle.

The reason I acquired the B & C was due to the fact that the rifle slipped out of its case last Winter when I was unloading the vehicle after a deer hunt. The butt of the stock hit the concrete floor of the garage and caused a 3" long section to split a the "toe" and broke the butt plate. Although this is the original wooden stock, it had been sanded prior to my acquistion of the rifle and I had the stock restored about 18 years ago. It still made me "ill".

With a B & C on the rifle, I believe it will be more user friendly. This rifle, in the wood stock and unbedded, still produced 3/4" groups at 100 yards. We'll see how it does once the B & C is installed. I am still waiting for it to be completed and it will be bedded this time.

Guest 70below

I've got a Duramaxx on a Savage 112. It has pillar bedding, but is not fully bedded. You wouldn't know it by the way it shoots though. I'd buy it again.

Guest BEARMAN

I too, installed a B & C camo stock on my previously sporterized 8mm Mauser mdl. 98, and it isn't pillar bedded either.

This rifle now is one of the most accurate guns I own, using my custom handloaded 150 gr. Spitzer boat tail boolits, I can consistently cover a 3 shot group with a quarter, off the bench @ 100 yards.

For the money you can't beat Bell & Carlson stocks. IMHO.