Help me with a tattoo...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe

Make it something that you can show your kids and not have them say "daddy, what's that?" One day and be too embarassed to answer... Something you're proud of

Guest Jamie
It better be something with close personal meaning.

Yup.... 'cause like a wife, they're a helluva lot more expensive to get rid of than they are to get. :grouchy:

J.

I love tattoos. I wanna get more, I just need to finish getting all these guns I want first. :D

Just remember, while your tattoo may have profound meaning to you, other people might not get the same meaning. So, depending on where you get it, be prepared to be profiled. Whatever you do, don't get barbed wire, tribal designs, or a cartoon character.

I love tattoos. I wanna get more, I just need to finish gettin g all these guns I want. first. :D

Just remember, while your tattoo may have profound meaning to you, other people might not get the same meaning. So, depending on where you get it, be prepared to be profiled. Whatever you do, don't get barbed wire, tribal designs, or a cartoon character.

This is good advice. I have lots of ink but I would suggest getting your first one in an easily concealable location. I wear suits and long sleeves in my profession, but I still waited until I was self-employed to do my forearms. Also, picking an artist is extremely important. Technical proficiency is a must, but you also have to find someone with an individual style that you appreciate. I've got work by Jason St. Clair and Ben Dixon (owner) of Lone Wolf Tattoo in Nashville and lately I like Dale Johnson, owner of Mythical Markings in West Knoxville.

I normally make a smart assed remark like "I want to get a tattoo, but I am afraid it would hurt."

The context is lost, because I have only met three or four folks from here for a moment.

I am very heavily tattooed. I don't regret any of them.

I like my tattoos. Time have changed compared to what they were ten years ago, and even more so than they were twenty years ago. Tattoos and piercings are more commonplace. They still have lots of stigma attached to them though.

My one bit of advice is to get it on a place easily covered. Your upper arm is the best place, where a t-shirt can cover it, but a shorter t-shirt can show it. This gives you the ability to let folks see it if you want, but not to see it if you don't want them too.

Are you leaning toward the Gadsen Flag (yellow banner with coiled rattlesnake) or the motto in general?
mostly the motto in general...ive seen a couple that I really like. skull with the snake coiled through with DTOM on the snakes belly....
I normally make a smart assed remark like "I want to get a tattoo, but I am afraid it would hurt."

The context is lost, because I have only met three or four folks from here for a moment.

I am very heavily tattooed. I don't regret any of them.

I like my tattoos. Time have changed compared to what they were ten years ago, and even more so than they were twenty years ago. Tattoos and piercings are more commonplace. They still have lots of stigma attached to them though.

My one bit of advice is to get it on a place easily covered. Your upper arm is the best place, where a t-shirt can cover it, but a shorter t-shirt can show it. This gives you the ability to let folks see it if you want, but not to see it if you don't want them too.

im not afraid of the hurt....I just want something that is "me"...if that makes sense...

No argument at all...but....what do you mean by "why"...why the DTOM or why a tat?

I've never understood the appeal of tatoos. The few folks I've asked about them have largely went away offended. I'd be interested in a good explanation.

I like my tattoos because they are me. Every one of them I have has a meaning to me. I don't have to explain them to anyone else, but I will if asked.

My fascination with ink came from my grandfather, who retired from the Corp after his second tour of duty in Vietnam. He had a sparrow on each shoulder and a hula girl on his bicep. I remember as a kid, he would make her dance.

My first tattoo was also one of the largest acts of rebellion I could fathom for my family, all of whom retired from the military. I got an anarchy sign tattooed on my bicep. I didn't go into the service. It was blasphemy. While my attitude has changed as I got older and matured, I still wear that tattoo with pride. Not because I think we should burn it all down, but because it reminds me my youth and how 'carefree' I could be. Back before the understanding of responsibility set in.

Since then, I have gotten dozens of tattoos. Each one more thought out than the last, yet each one significant in it fashion.

Guest Jamie

Mine:

MyPets.jpg

And if you can't figure out why I have a fondness... and I'm told a resemblance... for/to dragons, you probably haven't read many of my posts. :D

J.