Diamond back 380?

clowe

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted one of these when I first saw it but I decided to steer clear after seeing some very bad reviews. I believe it may have been Lowbud who had one, sent back to DB a time or two and finally got rid of the thing. I don't think it was guys from Glock who started the company, I believe they were previously at Kel-Tec. I ended up deciding not to get a .380. Then I ended up with a Ruger LCP. I've had no problems out of the Ruger LCP.

I own a DB380. It shoots better than an LCP or a Kel-Tec. It doesn't have that snappy recoil. It has a lifetime warrenty. It breaks down like a Glock. Some people swear by them. I have fired about 150 rounds of American Eagle target ammo through it. I have had a number of FTFs. I will shoot one more box of ammo and if it continues to double feed I will send it back. They say it needs a couple of hundred rounds to break in. That doesn't sound right to me either. I carry it as a back up or as a deep concealment gun. Cor Bon Powerballs seem to feed better than the target ammo but they cost too much to plink with.

Edited by Will Carry
Guest friesepferd

Im not real big on 'oh, ive seen tons of ppl have problems with those', but this is one gun that I cant help steer ppl away from.

Not only have I seen plenty of threads about feeding and ejecting problems, but I have seen MULTIPLE threads about slides cracking / flying apart while shooting.

stay away.

I got an e-mail from Diamondback today. They said that since their pistol was made for self defense that I need to use high performance self defense loads rather than cheap target loads. I took me three weeks of searching Walmarts to find some 380 ammo, cheap target loads. Since I am stuck with this pistol I am going to invest in some high performance self defense loads and see if they work. This whole darn pocket pistol thing has been a disaster. I'm out more than $500 and all I have to show for it is a 6 shot 380 that may or may not jam.

I cannot recomend any 380 pistol. If I had to own a 380, it would be a Sig 238.

I will find some high dollar loads for my DB380 and run them through it and post the results.

Guest 10mm4me

DON'T DO IT!!!! GET A GOOD KNIFE INSTEAD. When's the last time you heard of the legendary reliability of the DB380. Yeah, me neither. Get a J-frame or something along those lines.

Guest AlzRuger

I think the DB 380 is getting a bad rap. I have one, and have found two problems. First, you can't shoot with a limp wrist, and second, keep your thumb away from the mag release button. The mag won't drop out, but it will drop a fraction of an inch and cause FTF and FTE. I have several friends that have them and have had the same problems. I have had a chance to shoot three of their guns, after they had problems, and fired 3 mags in each of the three with no problem. Once the friends found what they were doing wrong, the guns are perfect. Don't believe everything bad about a gun. Some people just have problems with a very light gun. Also, I agree, can't go wrong with a Walther PPK or PPK/s. I have one of each. Just too heavy for the pocket.