Got another XD

Branket

Took my Christmas money for a walk and ended up with a another XD. This time in .357 Sig.

First 200 rounds went very smoothly it's as accurate as any other XD I've shot. Managed to get everything inside the 10 or X at 7 yards after I tightened up my wrist, the .357 kicks perceivably more than any other handgun round I've shot to date, but once I got my wrist tightened up accuracy was greatly improved. I made most shots in the 9 or better (2 out of 50 in the 8) at 15 yards after correcting the limp-wristing. It's a really fun round, just expensive. Luckily I've got some extra disposable income coming in after getting a new job.

I'd post some pics but it looks like an XD that says 357 on the side and I'm sure we've all seen an XD.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

What's all the hype about the 357Sig? I'm just curious. I've never shot one before but have seen lots of people say they absolutely love the caliber. Is it just basically an auto version of the .357Mag?

What's all the hype about the 357Sig? I'm just curious. I've never shot one before but have seen lots of people say they absolutely love the caliber. Is it just basically an auto version of the .357Mag?

.357sig is literally the middle-ground between 9mm +p+ and .357magnum. Higher energy than 9mm, higher capacity and more controllable than .357magnum. To top that off, it's bottleneck design makes it one of the most robust and reliable-feeding pistol cartridges of all time.

There are plenty of reasons why most people don't shoot .357sig... those being mainly that there aren't as many pistols chambered in that caliber, and ammo costs about 25% more than 9mm of the same manufacture (though a bit cheaper than comperable .45acp of the same manufacture).

Folks who shoot .357sig do so because they want that extra punch which was previously only available in .357magnum 125gr SD loads, in their higher capacity, softer-shooting autoloader. It is also recognized to be an inherently very accurate caliber, and because of a very flat trajectory is very easy to hit with at longer ranges while still carrying significant energy downrange. Bonded loads have also been shown to provide excellent barrier penetration, compared to other duty loads/calibers. These are also some of the reasons that over a dozen state and Federal agencies issue pistols in this caliber.

Shooting it is addictive... similar to the boom of .357magnum. I'd be happy to let you try it sometime.

Guest bkelm18
.357sig is literally the middle-ground between 9mm +p+ and .357magnum. Higher energy than 9mm, higher capacity and more controllable than .357magnum. To top that off, it's bottleneck design makes it one of the most robust and reliable-feeding pistol cartridges of all time.

There are plenty of reasons why most people don't shoot .357sig... those being mainly that there aren't as many pistols chambered in that caliber, and ammo costs about 25% more than 9mm of the same manufacture (though a bit cheaper than comperable .45acp of the same manufacture).

Folks who shoot .357sig do so because they want that extra punch which was previously only available in .357magnum 125gr SD loads, in their higher capacity, softer-shooting autoloader. It is also recognized to be an inherently very accurate caliber, and because of a very flat trajectory is very easy to hit with at longer ranges while still carrying significant energy downrange. Bonded loads have also been shown to provide excellent barrier penetration, compared to other duty loads/calibers. These are also some of the reasons that over a dozen state and Federal agencies issue pistols in this caliber.

Shooting it is addictive... similar to the boom of .357magnum. I'd be happy to let you try it sometime.

Hmm. Interesting. May have to give it a go sometime. Thanks for the explanation.

Took my Christmas money for a walk and ended up with a another XD. This time in .357 Sig.

First 200 rounds went very smoothly it's as accurate as any other XD I've shot. Managed to get everything inside the 10 or X at 7 yards after I tightened up my wrist, the .357 kicks perceivably more than any other handgun round I've shot to date, but once I got my wrist tightened up accuracy was greatly improved. I made most shots in the 9 or better (2 out of 50 in the 8) at 15 yards after correcting the limp-wristing. It's a really fun round, just expensive. Luckily I've got some extra disposable income coming in after getting a new job.

I'd post some pics but it looks like an XD that says 357 on the side and I'm sure we've all seen an XD.

Sweet! Congrats

Guest bkelm18
Molonlabetn forgot to mention that chicks dig guys who shoot it.

He probably didn't mention it because it is widely known, and has

been a proven "Chick-Magnet" in many government funded tests. :woohoo:

Well then, I HAVE to have one now!

200 rounds of that ammo costs me 80 bucks at walmart.

Yah... don't buy it at wal-mart. I can get it at wal-mart too, but it's way overpriced.

This stuff is cheaper: http://www.georgia-arms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2212

Also, some ranges and gun-shops sell Atlanta Arms ammo... it's usually $13-$16 per 50. Same price as the .45 if not cheaper.