Bow Hunters - trying anything new this year?

Guest clutepc

Guest clutepc

With the Season coming up in Sept I was curious if many of the bow hunters are sticking with the same equipment as last year or do you have something new your trying.

I've switched to a 2" vane and a Whisker Biscuit but still using the Muzzy MX-3's

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jcochran88

I just ordered a g5 sight! Not sure what model but it has 3 fixed pins and one floating pin. I have been using a single pin with ease but needed something to shoot further distances.

Guest BEARMAN

I switched to the Whisker Biscuit a couple of years ago on my Hoyt Excel, and really like the results I have found with it.

Sticking with my Easton aluminum xx75's and my Thunderhead 85 grain broadheads for now.

Guest clutepc

Kinda hard to change when things worked so good last year, the 2 deer harvested only went 30 and 40 yards.

One arrow in the 8 point was a complete pass-though and the deer never knew he was hit, I actually thought I missed until he fell over. Double lung hit.

The other I hit just behind one shoulder and it stuck in the other but the damage was enough he went down fast.

I've thought about trying one of the G5 Tekans but the Muzzy's have just worked.

I had a Octane rest last year but the arrow dropped out of the center rest more than once and the brushes kept wearing out so I changed to a Whisker Biscuit.

It didn't change anything with my shooting which was nice, I just have to stop shooting low on everything like I tend to do.

Guest Conrad

No new gear this year will use what ive got

Parker Hunter Mag

Factory three pin sight

whisker biscuit

carbon express arrows

rage 3 blade 100 grain broadheads

How ever i am going to try and get a bear with my bow this year. Should be a great challenge.

Guest clutepc

Bear would be a wild hunt for sure, I was hoping to get a South GA Hog hunt in this summer but it doesn't look like it's going to happen with work.

Elk is something else I would like to try one day but I'm not sure if I would need to get to a different broadhead.

I'm using 100gr. Muzzy MX-3's with a 60lb draw, I know it all boils down the shot but I'm curious if a heavier draw and broadhead are better to use for them.

Could have sworn I posted here before....

Anyway, I have pretty much a whole new set up this year. New DXT, new limbsaver sight, new QAD HD rest.

Still shooting the same arrows and heads, Beaman ICS Hunters with Wasp JakHammer SST heads.

Guest ORgunner

I am probably going to cut my own arrows and customize them just because i can. Also going to do a lot more scouting using satellite images to find natural funnels and pinch points to see if i can get on some monsters. And i too love my whisker biscuit, u just cant beat it.

Guest clutepc

I use a few different maps.

Google Earth is great, you can also get the maps from the TWRA and import those in it to show you all the public hunting areas across the state.

What's nice about that is that you can find the area your looking for then turn on the Street View and find good places to park around each area.

Helped me more than once.

Another good one is the Bing Maps, find a area you like then click on the Aerial, then set it to Birds Eye View and zoom in, you'll find some great photos of the area your looking at.