Puppy - free to good home

Hey guys,

An elderly friend of the family (against all advice) acquired a brand new Golden Retriever/Great Pyrennese (sp. ?) puppy. We all told him that the puppy would require lots of play and attention and it would be hard on him. He got the dog anyway. Now, of course, he says he doesn't have the energy or room to run that the puppy needs.

"Bo" is an extremely energetic, playful guy. Around 4 mos. old right now. 20-25 lbs. right now I would guess. I don't have a pic at the moment, but he is adorable now and will grow up to be a big, good looking dog. Plus he's named Bo :D.

Bo needs a loving household that will give him lots of attention and room to run and play. Gentle, good with dogs kids would be great. A farm or rural home would be good too. The old guy has done a little training with him, and Bo shows signs of being smart and easy to train if someone would dedicate some time to him.

If I lived in the country, I'd take him in a minute. So, if you or anyone you know is willing to give Bo a good home and what he needs, let me know. I'll get you hooked up with his current owner and see what we can do.

Thanks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe
Wish we had room for another one, but we're up to our eyebrows in dogs as it is...

J.

Same here... I'd take him in a HEARTBEAT if I didn't already have 2.

Guest Daelith

The rescue group might be willing to list him on their adoption list though since he's already living somewhere and they don't have to find a place to foster him. Just let them have the adoption fee if they find a taker for him.

Guest Jamie
We're hoping to get one some day, but our cat may very well kill it if it's small.

Unless your cat's a mountain lion, I seriously doubt it could kill that one.

At 4 months old, I'll bet it already has feet the size of your palm... and will grow into 'em shortly. So the kitty is more likely to be the one in danger.

J.

Guest Jamie
Didn't see a pic of pooch, but does this look nice to you? He already ate all the laundry.

Okay, so you have a big P****... I won't tell anybody if you don't. :devil:

As for the dog, you probably ought'a look up a Great Pyrenees.

Ah hell, here... this should give you an idea of their size. Figure on a little down-sizing due to Lab mix, but don't plan on much. 'Cause Labs can be one of two lines; large or extra large. A G.P. mixed with an extra-large Lab is gonna be a big damn doggie no matter which side's traits are dominant.

pyr1.jpg

J.

Guest db99wj
Okay, so you have a big P****... I won't tell anybody if you don't. :devil:

As for the dog, you probably ought'a look up a Great Pyrenees.

Ah hell, here... this should give you an idea of their size. Figure on a little down-sizing due to Lab mix, but don't plan on much. 'Cause Labs can be one of two lines; large or extra large. A G.P. mixed with an extra-large Lab is gonna be a big damn doggie no matter which side's traits are dominant.

pyr1.jpg

J.

You beat me too it, a big dog mixed with even bigger dog is what this puppy is made from, which will make him a pretty big damn dog! Great Pyrenees range from 85 lbs (bitches) and 100 lbs (males) and are known to love cats.

Me and my friend would spend all day on our bikes as kids, that dog would run with us the whole day.

Guest jackdm3
You beat me too it, a big dog mixed with even bigger dog is what this puppy is made from, which will make him a pretty big damn dog! Great Pyrenees range from 85 lbs (bitches) and 100 lbs (males) and are known to love cats.

Me and my friend would spend all day on our bikes as kids, that dog would run with us the whole day.

It's gotta go both ways. That gorgeous pup may love my cat, but our cat hates everyone but us.

Guest Jamie
It's gotta go both ways. That gorgeous pup may love my cat, but our cat hates everyone but us.

If they work it out while the pup is young, everything would be fine.

If not, and the dog carries a grudge, the cat would be toast in another 3 to 6 months.

J.

Guest db99wj
If they work it out while the pup is young, everything would be fine.

If not, and the dog carries a grudge, the cat would be toast in another 3 to 6 months.

J.

Scooby snack.

Guest Lester Weevils

My coonhounds love cats. Cats are nearly their favorite snack, except for rabbits, rodents, squirrels, and whatever else they can chase down. Am sure they would like coons too, but no coons have strayed into the fenced back woods when the hounds were out. As far as I know. Would probably have heard them singing about that.

A couple of cats have mysteriously gone missing in the neighborhood, but I won't tell if the hounds don't.

Guest bigbovine

Also still see no pics, all of my dogs have been a mix with labs. Seems to be a great combo for someone with lots of kids. Only thing, does he have a long coat, I am partial to shorter haired dogs. One of mine is a Lab/ Rott mix, but ended up with a shaggy coat, but love the long tail, it will knock you down swinging back and forth. Has he been introduced to cats yet, this may be a deal breaker, cuz mine shows no fear, and hes lucky he is alive right now. Thinks he is a tiger I guess.

Guest Drewsett

I want him so bad, but unfortunately I have a condo in the city and wouldn't be able to provide the sort of home that the dog deserves. One of these days I'll get out of this craphole (a whole 'nother story) and I'll have a house with a yard and a couple of pooches.

Guest Bluemax

That pup has the genetics not only to be someone's best friend but their right hand as well. Somebody needs to jump all over this guy !!