TGO Group Draw Hunt

Interested in a TGO Group Draw Hunt?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in a TGO Group Draw Hunt?

• Yeah, not a bad idea
    • No, not such a good idea
    • Count me in as the camp cook!

Checking out the draw hunt application online, and thought it may be a good idea to see if anyone was interested in a group draw hunt this year? I know several guys (I was one of 'em) talked about a group hog hunt earlier this year.

Your thoughts, and draw hunt preferences?

Personally, I like the Catoosa rifle hunts for deer, since it (used to, anyway: need to check up on that) include unlimited hog as well as your deer bag. Not sure how to set this up for a group, so insight into that would be helpful, as well.

Edited by Good_Steward
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Party #282947

Yuchi @ Smith Bend - 1 deer, either sex, gun (1st choice) dates 11/6 - 11/7

Catoosa - Genesis - One deer buck only (at least 4 antler points on 1 side), unlimited wild hog, either sex - gun 12/02 - 12/04 (2nd choice)

If anyone else wants to sign up, just use the party number when asked if you want to join a group.

I've done Genesis and Bi-color three times, over 10 years ago but it is a great area. Never done any other WMA's other than one aborted attempt at AEDC. I think I would have been more alone at the mall.

I refuse to even attempt AEDC after an experience about 7 or 8 years ago. Used to be a good hunt, now it's just smallish deer, and an everlovin' ton of people.

I refuse to even attempt AEDC after an experience about 7 or 8 years ago. Used to be a good hunt, now it's just smallish deer, and an everlovin' ton of people.

TELL me about it! Just driving down AEDC Road from Tullahoma to the 24 is like Beirut on a Saturday night! I know that there's some good deer there, but they ain't worth losing my life for! Last year I hunted Bear Hollow (TN & AL sides) & saw some nice deer, but it's a helluva hike. Flintville Hatchery was a bust last year. I saw 6 deer on Archery opening day & not a single thing for the rest of the season. IIRC, I hunted Flintville for 18 days & never once saw a deer or heard a shot fired

I'm dying to find a deer with my bow!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weeeeeeee!!!!! ;)

Permit came in today's mail!

Anyone ever hunted Catoosa before? It looks like a bloody big place to find a place for a stand!

While I'm here, who'll be hunting with what & how? I'm thinking I may still-hunt (on the ground) with my frontstuffer.

Guest Conrad

I was drawn for a muzzleloader hunt on the hiwasee refuge and will be still hunting and sitting on the ground with my Thompson Center Black Diamond XR .45 with 200 grain shockwaves and 120 grains loose 777 powder and 209 primers. This load is under 1 inch at 100 yards for 3 shots and it doesnt matter if i clean between shots or not.