So a co-worker ask me "will you clean my glock"?

Links2k

you outta still clean it for the guy...if you dont hes gonna think every guns super complicated...give him some pointers to as far as what NOT to buy in the future.

I took your advice Magic. I cleaned and function checked the "Glock". He has more problems than this thing being ugly and cheap. The trigger is mushy as oatmeal and would only reset about 1 out of every 3 times. When I returned it to him he came clean and admitted that he knew that it was not a glock and was hoping that I would tell him what it was. The d*ckhead also admitted to knowing about the trigger. I guess he thought that I would return it in working order. I did not get pissed. I simply made a mental note not to deal with him anymore. I also told him if he did not have another working gun at home that he had better get a big rock or something, because there is no way in hell that I would bet my life on that piece of :poop:.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

That thing looks more like Darth Vader's son than Luke does. If there were ever a gun that deserved a police cash for guns trade in......that be it.

Well, lookit - we're all ignorant about something. I couldn't carry on an intelligent conversation about jet propulsion if I tried. If the guy is open to learning, then teach him.

This is right.

I didn't know how to shoot a gun until someone took the time to teach me the proper way (my grandfather). Every single one of use have been in that boat. Don't believe me? Look for the threads titled "I need help with ______". We all need someone to educate us properly at some point, without talking down to us, like some people would.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Good_Steward

I was not looking down on him. I went into this with open eyes and good intentions. As it turns out he was being deceptive. He knew that it was not a glock and he knew that the gun was not operating correctly. I like to help because someone is always nice enough to help me with info.

Edited by LINKS2K

This wasn't directed at any person in particular, Links2k. I think you did the right thing by cleaning it up for him. Even though it turned out he was being deceptive, he might not have been, and those are the people we want to really help, because the more people who understand firearms, the better off we'll be when it comes time for legislation. Kudo's to you for cleaning it up for him. I think you did the right thing, even though he didn't.

I was not looking down on him. I went into this with open eyes and good intentions. As it turns out he was being deceptive. He knew that it was not a glock and he knew that the gun was not operating correctly. I like to help, because someone is always nice enough to help me with info.

Send him the link to this thread if you know his email....in a couple of weeks. That way when he finds out we all wiped our man bags on it while you left it in the restroom= teh final word

Actually - you did the right thing.

Guest dizzielizzie

I would of disassembled it, cleaned it, and given it back disassembled. If they don't know how to put it back together, they really don't need the gun!

Guest Jamie
Why sould she want to work on her car naked?

So she wouldn't get her clothes dirty, of course.

Also might be a good way to recruit some help... or at very least, "supervisors/advisers". ;)

Just to stay on topic... I think I've probably :poop:ed better looking stuff than that Maverick/Hi-Point. :eek:

J.

Guest slothful1
Well, lookit - we're all ignorant about something. I couldn't carry on an intelligent conversation about jet propulsion if I tried. If the guy is open to learning, then teach him.

Yes, but presumably if the topic came up, you'd just say "Well, I really know next to nothing about how jets work" rather than "Hey, I've got a surplus Pratt & Whitney 458 type-S propfan with the optional Kryptonite stabilizers. Can you calibrate the marzipan grommets for me?" That's the difference (well, one of several) between ignorance and stupidity.

Edited by slothful1
typo
Guest slothful1
So a co-worker ask me "will you clean my glock"?

Your alternate option would have been to simply punch the guy, then say, "Oh, sorry, I thought you asked me to 'clean your clock.' "