got my hcp permit today

Guest salb3039

"Most people are clueless of what is around them."

This is so true. If a permit and carrying a handgun improves situational awareness, then all the better.

I always have been observant, a "people watcher" if you will, but even that has increased since I got it. A lot of has to do with being educated and learning, the more you learn the more you will watch and be observant of your surroundings. Before I could tell you what make and model car was in my parking lot when I went in to work, I can not only tell you that, but what is across the street and if there are people in them or not and if it is a car that is a "regular" or a new car that needs to be watched.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my handgun carry permit today. It only took 26 days (including weekends) to get here. Excited. About to take my first trip out carrying.

Hey, welcome to the club :(

Guest jackdog

congradulations and welcome to the legal carry group. I feel all responsible law abiding citizens have a right if not a duty to carry a firearm. Enough is enough, there is little or no doubt that the law enforcement community cannot stop all the scum bags attacking honest citizens, and it falls upon legal citizens to protect themselves and others from the criminal element in this nation. I hope none of us are forced to draw and fire but, at least we have the option if it becomes neccessary.

Jackdog

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.