Am I a criminal?????

Guest Dusty Rhodes

Guest bulletproof
i wouldnt exactly call you bullet proof if you have shrapnel in your chest ^___^

Yeah, but it's not actually bullets just misc metal I stepped in front of.:)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I believe the law states you cannot carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. Since they are not technically serving you alcohol, I believe it would be legal. But I'd contact someone to get the official word.

NO, NO, NO!!!

(a) It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverages, as defined in § 57-3-101(a)(1)(A), or beer, as defined in § 57-6-102(1), are served for on premises consumption."

It doesn't say they are serving YOU alcohol. You can not have the gun in the building where alcohol is sold for on premises consumption.

This is a paragraph from "Civil Disobedience" by Thoreau...

Under a government which imprisons unjustly, the true

place for a just man is also a prison. The proper place

today, the only place which Massachusetts has provided for

her freer and less despondent spirits, is in her prisons, to

be put out and locked out of the State by her own act, as

they have already put themselves out by their principles.

It is there that the fugitive slave, and the Mexican

prisoner on parole, and the Indian come to plead the wrongs

of his race should find them; on that separate but more free

and honorable ground, where the State places those who are

not _with_ her, but _against_ her--the only house in a slave

State in which a free man can abide with honor. If any

think that their influence would be lost there, and their

voices no longer afflict the ear of the State, that they

would not be as an enemy within its walls, they do not know

by how much truth is stronger than error, nor how much more

eloquently and effectively he can combat injustice who has

experienced a little in his own person. Cast your whole

vote, not a strip of paper merely, but your whole influence.

A minority is powerless while it conforms to the majority;

it is not even a minority then; but it is irresistible when

it clogs by its whole weight.

If everyone just did what was right, without worrying about what is legal, this world would be a different and better place.

Incidentally, the whole book: "Civil Disobedience" by Thoreau, is available freely all over the internet. Just Google search. It's must reading.

My favorite quotation from Civil Disobedience is:

"O for a man who is a man, and, as my neighbor says, has a bone in his back which you cannot pass your hand through! Our statistics are at fault: the population has been returned too large. How many men are there to a square thousand miles in this country? Hardly one." - Thoreau "CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE"

Guest bkelm18
NO, NO, NO!!!

(a) It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverages, as defined in § 57-3-101(a)(1)(A), or beer, as defined in § 57-6-102(1), are served for on premises consumption."

It doesn't say they are serving YOU alcohol. You can not have the gun in the building where alcohol is sold for on premises consumption.

He asked about bringing your own bottle of wine to a place that does NOT serve or sell its own alcohol. I am well aware of the law, thank you though. You yourself just said that you cannot have a gun in the building where alcohol is SOLD for on premises consumption. In the example I was replying to, the establishment isn't selling you anything. Perhaps we need the legal definition of "served" in this case.

Guest TargetShooter84
Perhaps we need the legal definition of "served" in this case.

I took the liberty to find the appropriate definition for "Served" using the Dictionary. I have found the appropriate example to simply the meaning of "Served." If you are confused :up: any further or have any further questions, please direct to www.dictionary.com for more information. :rolleyes:

Here is the results:

serve premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif/sɜrv/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[surv]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationverb, served, serv·ing, noun

–verb (used without object) 1.to act as a servant. 2.to wait on table, as a waiter. 3.to offer or have a meal or refreshments available, as for patrons or guests: Come early, we're serving at six. 4.to offer or distribute a portion or portions of food or a beverage.

Guest bkelm18
I took the liberty to find the appropriate definition for "Served" using the Dictionary. I have found the appropriate example to simply the meaning of "Served." If you are confused :up: any further or have any further questions, please direct to www.dictionary.com for more information. :rolleyes:

Here is the results:

serve premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif/sɜrv/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[surv]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationverb, served, serv·ing, noun

–verb (used without object) 1.to act as a servant. 2.to wait on table, as a waiter. 3.to offer or have a meal or refreshments available, as for patrons or guests: Come early, we're serving at six. 4.to offer or distribute a portion or portions of food or a beverage.

Thanks. I know what the definition of "serve" is. :rolleyes: I was asking for clarification on the law. I know you cannot carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. But can you carry in a restaurant that does not sell OR serve alcohol, but allows patrons to bring in their own (like a bottle of wine)? So in other words, does the legal definition of the word "serve" (in the context of that specific law) extend to restaurants that allow patrons to serve themselves alcohol?

He asked about bringing your own bottle of wine to a place that does NOT serve or sell its own alcohol. I am well aware of the law, thank you though. You yourself just said that you cannot have a gun in the building where alcohol is SOLD for on premises consumption. In the example I was replying to, the establishment isn't selling you anything. Perhaps we need the legal definition of "served" in this case.

I think you are trying to pick nits and they will lock you up. While I understand your point, viewing the previous post, I think the intent of the law is obvious, and the courts would view it that way.

FYI the strips on the goods at Wal-mart are embedded with something called an rfid chip the metal strip you see is only the antenna the detectors are sending out a radio frequency that actually powers a microchip in side, that strip it can store volumes of information & communicate with the detectors

It is how they intend to have a shopping cart that rings up the items as you drop them into the buggy & will have a credit/debit card reader built into the buggy as well - in development now

Wal-mart told all its suppliers they had to foot the bill for the rfid chips in every product sold in the store - it also makes inventory a breeze as you can walk up & down the isles with a hand held scanner & scan everything at once

There is also allot of talk about implanting these into children at the hospital - think big brother is watching now, just wait a few years

They already implant these into pets if you request it most vets can do it, the animal shelters can pull up the pet owners name address etc by scanning the animal

:tinfoil:666:tinfoil:

Seriously, the RFID has great applications. I work in the Logistics industry, my customers are GM and Chrysler. We are looking at RFID for their supplier base and tracking. The problem is you still have to have PEOPLE (read stupid people) program, produce and apply the tags, so if they do it wrong, you just have a bad RF tag, same as with the current scannable labels. As far as tagging children, I'm glad I'm past that age as me and the hospitable would go round and round. If I want to tag my kids, I'll take em to the tattoo parlor and put "PROPERTY OF RIGHTWINGER" on them!:)

Guest TargetShooter84
:tinfoil:666:tinfoil:

Seriously, the RFID has great applications. I work in the Logistics industry, my customers are GM and Chrysler. We are looking at RFID for their supplier base and tracking. The problem is you still have to have PEOPLE (read stupid people) program, produce and apply the tags, so if they do it wrong, you just have a bad RF tag, same as with the current scannable labels. As far as tagging children, I'm glad I'm past that age as me and the hospitable would go round and round. If I want to tag my kids, I'll take em to the tattoo parlor and put "PROPERTY OF RIGHTWINGER" on them!:)

As a Logistics major, I hear about RFID all the time. Where do you work in the Logistics? I'm a Logistics Major and was wondering which companies around knoxville or tennessee may be the best to work for if you know of any? If we had more RFID options for pets, whiny kids, that would boost the industry!!!!!