Can anyone tell me what model Ruger this is ?

Guest jcramin

Guest jcramin

Can anyone tell me what model Ruger this is ? Or how I can find out ?

It was a gift for my 12 year old son from my dad and I know its OLD but I dont know what model it is ?

Thanks,

J

RugerL2.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint

Looks like a basic Ruger Mark I, which of course was followed by the Mark II and Mark III.

I hate . . . hate . . . HATE . . . breaking one all the way down to component parts--if you don't hold it at exactly the right angle, things don't go back together properly. Thank God I've only had to do it once--I bought a .22 boresnake for things like that now.

But yeah, my money is on a Ruger Mark I . . . fun-to-shoot gun!

Guest mtsusean

He will love it, one of the best plinking pistols ever made. I bought a Mark II anniversary model a few years ago, holding on to it until my boy gets a little older and he gets it. Bought it specifically for him.

Taking them down and getting them back together is a pain.

Guest jcramin

You mean the Doritos LOL we love the HOT ONES like the Fiery Habanero or the Blazin Buffalo Wing or the Jalapeno MMmmm

Only problem is they all turn my trigger orange

J

I did not notice the first time I looked but you have the official snack food of the Eastern Band of the TGO in the background of that picture!

way cool! :up:

Guest tjbert47
OK I think I figured out it is a Standard since it does not have the adjustable rear site.

Am I correct on thinking that ?

Yes I have one just like it. They only accept the MK I mags so be careful when you buy mags for it.

Tom in TN

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TNCarters

Found one just like it in my Dad's dresser while moving him to a nursing home. I inquired on one of the Ruger boards about age and model. They tell me the original Mark I's were heavy barrel versions of the original Standard and will have Mark I labeleled on them. Also, Ruger carries a list of serial number production dates on their site that you can find out what year it was made. Mine turned out to be a 1961 production year but is not in very good condition.