Contemplating Glock 23

M1_Garand

One of my carry guns is a G22 IWB in a crossbreed supertuck. Overall, I am pleased with this combination although it prints a little too much for my taste (mostly the grip). I've played around with cant and other adjustments in the holster, but I guess some printing is to be expected with a full size.

However, I noticed that the crossbreed will apparently fit a Glock 23, and J&G has some Gen 2 police trade ins for less than $400. Does that extra .5 inch or so off the grip and extra inch or so off the barrel make that big of a difference in terms of a CCW?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO not really, if you can hide a 19/23 you can hide a 17/22... if printing is your concern the 26/27 is it, your holster should still work with the little guys too.

I'm a small guy and I carry a Glock 19 in a supertuck and a kholster no problem. I have not tried to carry a 17 or 23 but I imagine you would see some difference though I'm not sure it would be substantial.

I just don't understand why everyone is so concerned with printing. keep in mind that the average sheep out there are never going to notice you gun.

Guest gw2and4

Having carried all 3 options discussed here, I can say each step down is easier to conceal than the last--albeit not my much. Different folks will notice these 1/2" size variances in different ways, i.e. some will hardly notice while others seem to notice more. Recommend you find one of each and try them out in your holster to compare. That way, you'll find out firsthand how you'll notice. If you can't find a model 23 when trying on sizes, a 19 or 32 will be the same size. And likewise with a 27--a 26 or 33 will be the same size.

After carrying a Glock 23 for 15+ years, I carried my new 22Gen4 and was very aware of the subtle difference in size (it felt a good bit bigger than what I was used to). Then I carried a 27 and it felt smaller and easier to hide than a 23. Your mileage may vary...

Good luck.

I think the 23 is the best all around CCW available today (G19) for you 9mm guys. It is not only smaller but it is lighter than the G22. With the 23 you only give up 2 rounds of firepower. If you go to the 27 you do get a smaller gun but you give up 6 rounds from the G22. The G23 (19) gives you the best of both IMO. Smaller size and plenty of firepower for mulitple zombies. Even a trained eye cannot see the print of my G23 in a Supertuck holster on me. I can't hide my G22 near as well.

Guest Geezer

I had a 23 and liked it. However the grip would print with my Crossbreed. (I'm a hefty fellow so that is more of a problem for me than it may be for you.) I switched to the 27 and it is much easier to conceal. As for the round count I carry a Glock 22 magazine for backup.

I carry a 19 and 23 most of the year and they cnceal easily in a Sparks or Crossbreed holster. I also wear them OWB during the cool/cold months or anytime I wear a suit or sport coat and they conceal perfectly. I wear my 27 in the summer if I only wear a t-shirt or if I am going to be sitting in a car for a long time. The 19/23 in a IWB can become somewhat uncomfortable in a car on a long drive.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I love my G23. I also love it when someone knows I carry, and says, "I can always tell when someone is carrying, even if it is CC" and I say, "Am I?" and get a quick, "Nope".... Then, I tell them I am. It's funny.

I'm also 6'1 and 230