Taurus PT111 vs Taurus 24/7 vs KT P11

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

Ok guys, I'm starting a new thread since my other one seemed to go off track at the end...again, I have about $325 bucks. I went to couple gun shops today and I didnt really like the Bersa 380 after looking at it again and did a short shoot with it, it shot nicely but just didnt feel right or the bang I wanted. A friend of mine suggested I look at 3rd Generation Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro and I held it and it felt just right and it was smaller than KT P11, but I looked at the Taurus 24/7, it looked good also, but its a full-size gun, not compact, so that would be hard to conceal so I'm leaning for the Taurus PT111 due to its size and its a 9mm model, smaller than my Glock 19, even though I've heard the customer service isnt like Kel-Tec but the gun is more reliable than KT...right? I have been looking at reviews for Taurus and comparing it with KT...seems more are for Taurus. If you had to pick those 3 and those 3 only, which would be your preferred pick? And Why? Your opinions are welcome....

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

the kel-tec is a different class imo...yes, it is also for ccw...but less rounds, not a "range" gun...but it is also nice...

depends on what you are going to do with it besides carry...if you plan on going to the range alot, I would go Taurus...

now, just to throw this out there... The Kahr CW9mm...that is a feel good gun!!! I was in your shoes but on the 40 side...ended up with a Kahr CW40...

pick one up and see if you like the feel....I think you will be very suprised...it is really thin, and incredibly easy to conceal.

i just read ypur other thread and heres a couple of other things.

first i would strongly reconmend not getting a .380 and go for a 9mm.the .380 just wont pack enough take down power.with the right ammo a 9mm will have stopping power.i use a 9mm for every day carry,and right now im using: http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php?pName=50rds-9mm-speer-gold-dot-124gr-p-hp-ammo&cName=9mm-hollow-point-ammo gold dot 124g+p hp.these are bonded so they wont break apart when going through hard items like glass,etc,and wont clog up when going through clothes.you can get the bhp's for short barrels.

also dont worry about ammo prices.there is not much difference.both are pretty cheap for target practice form walmart,and get your defence ammo from http://ammunitiontogo.com/

from them you can get twice the amount for half the price(including shipping)and in a +p load

This won't answer your question but here my thoughts:

1. Kel-Tec - because if it's not right, you can send it back as many times as it takes to get it right...but trigger pull leaves a lot to be desired. However they are incredibly easy to workon and won't necessarily void the warranty.

2. Taurus becasue the trigger is much better than the KT and looks better, IMO, but if it's not right, it's a crap shoot with customer service and if it breaks - well??????

Guest bulletproof

Hey TargetShooter84. Gotta apologize for leading the other thread astray. Didn't mean to do that. For what it is worth, I have the Taurus 24/7 Pro .40 and it has been a great gun. Never jammed and shoots great. It was just a little bigger than what I wanted to carry. If all the Taurus products are as good as that gun there wouldn't be a worry.

Guest Boomhower

TargetShooter84.....What is your main objective with this new gun. Are you looking for a primary carry gun, a range gun, a back up gun, or just want to buy another gun?

I have a Stoeger Cougar 9mm that I use as my primary carry. It is the Italian made version of the Beretta Cougar. Stoeger was bought out by Beretta and they sent all of their machinery to Stoeger to produce the cougar. I've not seen it priced over $350 anywhere I've been. I've yet to jamb mine with any type of ammo.

I have a Kel-tec P3AT that I use as a BUG and sometimes as my only carry when situation's prevent me from going big. IMO, if you go any bigger than the P3AT sized handgun, such as the Bersa .380 or Kel-tec P11, you are out of the pocket carry sized guns. Then you have to go to other choices such as IWB or ankle carry. If I were going IWB, I wouldn't limit myself to a small sized gun.

$325 is a great start to a more expensive gun of your choosing. Don't just buy one cause you've got $325. It will just sit, all alone, under your night stand. :tinfoil:...Like mine.

Guest TargetShooter84
TargetShooter84.....What is your main objective with this new gun. Are you looking for a primary carry gun, a range gun, a back up gun, or just want to buy another gun?

Boomhower, I'm wanting to use it as a backup/range gun (both). Dont get me wrong, I'm just wanting to get an extra gun that I can bring with me to camping, lend to a buddy for target shooting while I use my G19, occasional carry gun in rough places, and not worry about anything happening to an expensive $500+ gun....the glock is my baby and I refuse to let anyone touch it or let anything happen to it! So I guess you could call it, a reasonable priced backup/range gun.

Guest TargetShooter84
you can get the 24/7 in compact............

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_50_495/products_id/21512

I would choose the 24/7 pro because supposedly, they are VERY durable...but from what I have heard the 3rd gen pt111 is really reliable as well

I wasnt even aware they had a 24/7 compact til now....are the prices higher than the PT111 or about the same with the 24/7 compact? Thanks for letting me know...I'll look into that but thought you guys may know the prices....

I have the PT-140Pro. I love it with one exception. There are not alot of holsters out there for the pro model. Love the size for concealling. Shoots great. Put probably 2000rds plus through it and no problems. Just my opinion but I would consider something larger than the 9MM if you are going to carry it.

Guest TargetShooter84
I have the PT-140Pro. I love it with one exception. There are not alot of holsters out there for the pro model. Love the size for concealling. Shoots great. Put probably 2000rds plus through it and no problems. Just my opinion but I would consider something larger than the 9MM if you are going to carry it.

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll take that into consideration in the future if I decide to change calibers....but for right now, I'm wanting to stay with 9mm as my preferred caliber

oh no.....not the caliber thing again....LOL....

Haha....you sure know what I'm looking for exactly! :D And thanks for the price info.

Guest canynracer

No prob...good luck...I dont think you will be dissapointed with any of the Taurus'...the kel tec is a great gun too, but not so much for excessive range time...I am still gonna buy one LOL.....

I like the Taurus, you have more rds...and I think it will fit your needs...let us know what you choose!!