p2020238.jpg

p2020233.jpg

p2020232.jpg

p2020231.jpg

p2020230.jpg

D2 Tool Steel Blade Titanium 6Al4v GR.5 alloy frame

Patented Lion Steel Rotoblock

G10 handle scale

Removable glass breaker (comes with replacement smooth head screw) with pivoting Lanyard attachment.

Special Mr DP Skull Tool adjustment wrench / multi-tool for adjusting RotoBlock, pivot and glass breaker removal tool.

INITIAL DIMENSIONS:

Handle thickness (without clip): .541â€

Blade thickness (Max): .187â€

Overall length (opened / without glass breaker): 7.625â€

Closed length (without glass breaker): 4.38â€

Handle Grip Area: 3.80â€

Cutting Edge length: 3.10â€

Titanium frame thickness: .140â€

G10 thickness: .140â€

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin Team

Well...though I post this with minor hesitation, Howesknifeshop.com, Dale at The-Knife-Connection and Knifeworks.com have both posted getting their first shipments of the production models. If you preordered through one of them, I expect you've already gotten a notice to complete your order. No word from Tom at Chestnut Ridge, yet, so I may be waiting a bit more.

293_1.jpg

HESTFOLDERS004.jpg

HESTFOLDERS003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Finally got mine from Chestnut Ridge today, it's a really well made knife, but just not for me. I've got a Zero Tolerance that already fits the same role really nicely. The HEST will probably be on the classifieds soon.

I concur Fred, I have sold the 2 that I had as well

• Admin Team

I'm going to put mine through the paces and EDC it for a while. There are a couple of things I'm intrigued by, and figure if I waited this long them I'll at least give it a shot.

I like the thickness, and the fact that it's D2. The bottle opener actually does work well in a "wave" opening role - though we'll see how my pockets tolerate it. I like that it carries all the way down in the pocket - that's the one thing I would change about my beloved Spyderco Military.

I'm intrigued by the roto-block. Right now I don't see myself having a lot of need for it on a day-to-day basis, but appreciate any equipment that can be promoted to a higher use.

All in all, I'm impressed. A heavy use knife was promised and delivered - even if it was 3 months late.