Beretta Px4 Storm Questions

Guest cem555

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the Px4 Storm in .40 or 9mm? I would like to know how it handles. I have a 9mm Cougar 8000, and love it.

Second question...does anyone know if the Px4 sub-compact is out yet?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DrBoomBoom

I got to shoot a PX4 in .40 at the range two weeks ago. It felt great, the owner had it set up with the smaller grip insert, and it was as if the ergonomics were set for my hands. The pistol recoil was negligeble, didn't feel it as much as my CZ75B 9mm. It didn't malfunction for him the whole session, he said he hadn't had one since he bought it. If I was looking for a .40 it would be one of the first I'd consider.

I own the PX4 9mm, put about 1300 rounds through it no FTFs. Do around 400 rounds at a time before cleaning, but there are plenty of people that have done a lot more than that with no problems.

if you check out berettaforum.net you will find a lot of people with great experiences. The subcompact should be coming out around the 3rd week of february supposedly.

Thanks for the feedback. Berettas have always fit my hand really well. To me, the Cougar 8000 feels a lot like the old Browning Hi-Power. The Browning was my first love, although unrequitted. I've never had the chance to own one.

I have a Sig that I like the feel of, as well. But, it has the tendency to bite my hand. I'm sure it's the gun and not the shooter. :-)

I‘ve shot the .40 several times and like it. Well balanced and fealt great in my hands even though it had the medium back strap on it at every time. I have held it with the smallest of the three back straps and I also feel it is a better fit for me. So much so, I’m in the market for one myself right now.

I'm very interested in the .45 fullsize PX4... Does anyone know if it would be possible to aquire one of these with the 'constant action' trigger (PX4C, as opposed to the F or G models with the safety/decocker lever)? They are listed as LE only, along with the DAO models, but surely that is simply a storefront policy... not a hard and fast rule.