M70B2 Yugo Vendor with the RPK Trunion (1.6mm)? Trying to find

chunkee

Hello,

I have searched quite a bit and have read a great deal on other forums reading about the differences of the Yugo underfolders that I am wanting. However, I cannot seem to find the M70B2 non T version. Century Arms are all over the place. I am not being a snob, but I am looking for something specific. I tried Gunbroker and there is one, but he is starting at 1200 bux almost. Any idea how to tell what the trunion difference is in the pix or know of a vendor that carries them?

JC

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..... Any idea how to tell what the trunnion difference is in the pix.....

The RPK trunnion was used on the Yugo for reinforcement while using the grenade launcher. The stronger RPK trunnion will have a raised area on the receiver (see yellow arrow). A regular AK will be flat.

t0njw4.jpg

Here is link to some good Yugo info and pics.

M70B1 Fixed & B2 Folding Stock (AK47)

Don't think anybody is now making a Yugo with the correct trunnion. Several of the AK forums report that those part kits have dried up. The ones being sold by Century Arms now uses a standard AK trunnion. Best guess is that you'll have to search the online sites to find one.

Good Luck!

.... Is this one ? AK 47 Rifle Yugoslavian M70

Yup!

Other than the non Yugo pistol grip and the rear sling loop on the wrong side. :)

Atlantic Arms is a good business to deal with..., but I would call them to make sure that its built using a true Yugo kit with the RPK trunnion.

Here are a couple of AK forums that are full of AK wisdom. Each has a Yugo section.

The AK Forum - Index page

The AK Files Forums - powered by vBulletin

Enjoy! :blink: