3Gun Match @ Rockcastle

Guest DaG

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Reserved a room as soon as the thread started on Enos. Damn I can't wait !!Wonder if the golf carts will be availible like they were at the Pan Am Shotgun Champs.?

DaG

The day after registration opens for this match they change the date of the Tn section match to the same weekend. Now what to do? I can't seem to work out any way to shoot em both. This sucks.

The day after registration opens for this match they change the date of the Tn section match to the same weekend. Now what to do? I can't seem to work out any way to shoot em both. This sucks.

I know what the USPSA.org website says is the TN Sectional match date but I was under the impression that the TN Sectional is 09/03 and 09/04. It is on NTPS.org website as these dates in question.

Edited by HOGNUT

I thought it was the first weekend of Sept also. Today I saw on the USPSA site that it was the last weekend of Aug. I called Brad Griffin and he confirmed the Aug dates. He said the conflict with the Area 4 and Area 8 matches was the reason for the change. I think the 3-gun match would draw more folks away than either Area match.

I thought it was the first weekend of Sept also. Today I saw on the USPSA site that it was the last weekend of Aug. I called Brad Griffin and he confirmed the Aug dates. He said the conflict with the Area 4 and Area 8 matches was the reason for the change. I think the 3-gun match would draw more folks away than either Area match.

We are now going to try to move it to the 3rd weekend of August. If we can make it work we will. The range owner and MCTS will have to agree to that weekend since that is the normal MCTS weekend to shoot. I hope we can, but in any case I'll post it here when the date is finally firm.

I would go for the 2nd weekend of Sept. The only conflict then is A7 and Ga state. You might lose a few people to the Ga match but it would be possible to shoot them both at least, if you shot one of them on Fri. That would be a good weekend of practice right before Nationals. The 3-gun match is Fri, Sat and Sun so it's impossible shoot them both or I would.

Okay, I just got the go ahead from the MD to offer this so here goes. I've been trying to promote a multigun Production-type division, and I thought the Amateur match would be a perfect fit, since we should have many newer shooters (read: haven't started being gamers yet :tough: ), and the prize table is random draw. I'm offering an independent prize (in addition to whatever you get from the actual match prize table) to the top finisher in the AM match that shoots the match with guns that meet the criteria for a proposed Production division. The equipment rules are as follows: (all guns must also conform to match rules)

Rifle:Maximum 30-round magazines, iron sights or 1 non-magnified optic (red dot, etc) are allowed.

Shotgun:Shotgun must be manually operated (i.e. pump action)

Handgun:Handgun must be a "duty-ready" weapon. Guns that are legal in USPSA Production, Single Stack, or Revolver divisions, or IDPA SSP, CDP, SSR, or ESR divisions should be good to go.

The only other requirement is that 1.) you send me an email at DCloudy777@aol.com with your name, contact info, and a quick rundown of the guns you're going to use. I'll make a list of the entrants, and the top finisher on the list wins the prize. and 2). All participants must be at least 21 years of age or have a proxy to accept the prize, because the prize of an alcoholic nature. See, I know the true fuel of 3-gun! Here's the good part, I'm bringing a fifth of 12-year old single-malt Scotch, and a 1.75L bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey (distilled not 20 miles from where I sit). The winner gets his/her choice, unless there are 50 or more entries, in which case I'll gladly hand over both!

So there it is... sound like fun? Just drop me an email if you want to sign up or have any questions. See you in August!

DanO