Santa brought me a Lee pro 1000 9mm for Christmas.

I had a buddy of mine come by yesterday to set it up for me and get all the timing straight. Ready to start loading and was wondering if anyone was using titegroup and 115gr JHP zero's? If so what charge disc are you using? I'm looking for a lighter load that my wife can range practice with yet is good enough to be used for SHTF as well. Any suggestions are well appreciated.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ran some test runs with no powder and bullets to get the primers loading well. Did about 30 or so last night to get the timing right but now it seats them perfectly. Waiting on my powder scale to get here so I can check my charge and run a few to test before reloading 1k.

Most Lee stuff is great, but it seems that their 1000's are kinda hit or miss. Some folks get one that works great, other folks get one riddled with issues. Hopefully you got one of the good ones (sounds like you might have).

I've used a lot of different powders, but never Titegroup with 9mm. I'll get around to trying that one some day. Best of luck and have (safe) fun!

I believe my load for the 115 gr FMJ from Zero is 4.5 gr of TiteGroup. Please check your load manuals since I'm going by memory. I don't use the interchangeable disc, I use the Adjustable Powder Charge Bar Lee Auto-Disk Adjustable Powder Charge Bar - MidwayUSA I have heard of other people using one of the discs and filing out the chambers to get the exact weight that you are looking for then only using that disc for that load. Seems like a good idea since the discs are fairly inexpensive.

Guest mudduck

i have a lee pro 1000,and load my 9mm at 4.5 and use zero brand bullets,but i hand prime my shells,it makes it so much easier,you dont have to constantly be watching the priming side,other than that mine is great.

Guest mudduck

1.142 should be fine...max oal should not excede 1.169..mine are around 1.13-1.14 with no problems out of any of my 9mm guns,what makes you think the 1.142 is to long..

They were loading fine but the bullet was barely seated, about 1/16 of an inch. They also shot very dirty. I figured it was either too much powder or not set deep enough to build enough pressure to burn the powder thoroughly.

Guest mudduck

grab one of the bullets that you have made and try to push the lead into the brass casing with just your thumb,just checking to make sure that they are crimping enough,if not this could happen,but you need to make sure of the right powder charge,i weigh the first 10 or so to make sure the disc are letting the right amount of powder through,before i even press the first bulllet.

Guest mudduck

you can set them alittle deeper but the min oal is 1.090 i woulded put them any smaller,iv got some from when i first started that were set at 1.10 and now i set mine around 1.14,if that dosent fix it i am not sure what the problem is..good luck

4.5 grains at 1.100 seems to shoot well. Clean and no issues. I did find out I need to visually inspect my brass better when sorting. On the last of the 32 rounds I loaded (2 mags worth) Th gun went bang the slide cycled and did not eject the case. I manually racked the slide and out it popped. Black as heck. I decided to strip it because of this and low and behold the bullet was in the barrel. About 1 inch from making it all the way out. I loaded these one at a time and weighed every charge to be sure how it went. So when I got home I examined the case and found a major bulge and at the base a hair about the extractor groove there was a tiny crack and the rear portion of the case was BLACK. So my guess is the case was either bulged bad before resizing or it was weak and basically gave out. After clearing the barrel and making sure it was o, I ran a couple of mags of federal 115fmj through it and it is fine. Guessing this could have been much worse than it was.