MCTS IDPA/TGO event - 02/05/11

Music City Tactical Shooters will be hosting an introduction to the competitive shooting sports. This 7 stage IDPA style match will require a limited amount of equipment needed and no reloading will be required on the clock. This type of match is designed for CCW and EDC equipment. We will have experienced shooters there to display speed and accuracy on the stages when practice is done properly.

Please click here for the Time and Fee of the match. Match course of fire will be posted in the Competitive Shoooting section this Saturday afternoon.

Hope to see everyone there so a face can be placed with the TGO name.

Edited by HOGNUT
Added/Revised event
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Not enough time to do the hats. May have some stickers. Still not 100% on the date; was meaning to get back with you but apparently you've already decided to schedule and announce. :rolleyes:

I know for a fact that I'm on call the weekend preceding this. Not sure yet about the weekend of the 5th.

We wanted to introduce a limited movement, no stress and actual real world scenario shooting match. This type of match will eliminate the boring indoor shooting lanes we are all used to in doing. After doing these type of matches, I have never been back to an indoor range. The main reason of the match is to get to know our area TGO members in a relaxed atmosphere with a great day of shooting.

Bronker is a member of the club. This may actually get him to the range and show off them mad skills.....LOL.

• Administrator

I agree that this is something that our members who have never done more than shoot at a stationary target while standing still really should avail themselves of. I'll see what I can do to live up to some of the things mentioned in the first post about my involvement there. It's just going to depend entirely on my work schedule.

I've put together a nice mix of basic drills and simple scenario stages that will be a great introduction to IDPA, for those that have never done this kind of thing before. This will be a nice relaxed, have fun type of event. The only thing we will take serious at this event is safety. We hope to see all of you there!

Edited by gsbell
Guest Bronker
Bronker is a member of the club. This may actually get him to the range and show off them mad skills.....LOL.

This man speaks truth. You have never seen anything like what I can do with a F5610 in my hands. Remarkable.

I'm going to try to make it. Seriously.

Oh..a F5610? Here's a photo:

237-1.jpg

Long story...:D

Music City Tactical Shooters

IDPA Intro Match

Feb 5, 2011

The purpose of this match is to create an environment friendly to shooters who have not yet participated in any type of practical pistol competition. This match contains elements that would be found in a regular match. You will be able to participate in this match with a minimum amount of equipment.

Experienced competitors are encouraged to come participate in this match and help introduce the sport to interested shooters.

Gear Requirements:

• Eye and Ear protection

• Handgun

– Semi Auto or Revolver

– Any caliber

• 2 Magazines or Speed Loaders

• If not using a strong side holster, a case or pistol rug is required

• 100 rounds ammunition minimum, bring more for the side match

dang it's a 3 and 1/2 hour drive to dickson for me .... but i might feel the need to showcase my skills if i can get a tgo hat lol, david i do believe i deserve an exception lol,i've gotta renew my benefactor status though

If I could manage it for driving the most distance to the meet and greet, I would do my darnest to get you a hat. That shows true dedication. Now it has already been stated that hats will not be available in time for this event. However, I will get you a hat personally when they are available.

Yes you do need to renew your benefactor status. This forum provides a great tool for purchases and information about area events. We have to provide support every way we can!

Edited by HOGNUT
Additional information

I've had some questions by PM and I'm sure some others might have these questions as well.

Can I use a .22 for this event? Yes .22 rimfire pistols are fine for this intro match.

Can I use a 6" revolver? Yes for this event no restrictions on barrel length.

An 8" .500 S&W might be a bit much for this event, I'm just sayin :lol:

If I could manage it for driving the most distance to the meet and greet, I would do my darnest to get you a hat. That shows true dedication.

Haha alright well get me a hat ready then because (keep your fingers crossed) if my truck sales here in the next few days going to go pick me up a cz85b and going to need to run it thru some drills lol,and also would my fee be 20 dollars or 5 because if it's just 5 it might be worth getting a couple buddies together seeing if they want to go and just going down toward that way friday afternoon and staying

Sorry if the wording is a little odd on the website, but really what do you expect from some guy who calls himself Hognut. :up:

It will be $20 for non-members of MCTS, if someone was going to shoot a 2nd gun it would be $25 total, $20 for the 1st entry and $5 for the 2nd entry. Hope that clears it up.

Everyone,

I am excited to read emails/PMs/forum postings from people that will be traveling from Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville, Clarksville and Kentucky / Alabama(go figure) for this event. We anticipate a vast amount of TGO and new shooters to participate in this intro match. I have viewed the stages/COFs that were designed for this event and it will be a great day of shooting. I hope that this can be done on a yearly basis in conjunction with TGO to bring new people to defensive shooting. We look forward to this time to share with other TGO members and hope that you will visit the range more.

We evaluate our schedule on a regular basis. If this event turns out the numbers that we anticipate, we will certainly look at doing more of these events. Wished you could be for this match. We still shoot on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. You need to come back to the range on the third weekend more if time permits.