Kel Tec PF9

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Guns & Leather in Greenbrier for sure. May have some in the Hendersonville store too.

D&T Arms on Rivergate Pkwy has some as well.

Both places are nice shops with nice selections and good guys.

Guest MERRILL

Dropkick, if you haven't shot one, I suggest you do so before purchasing one. I qwned one for a short while. The trigger pull was hard and it had a long reset. If you do not release the trigger completely, it will not fire the next round. The ejector broke after less than 100 rounds. Of course this was just my experience and the gun may have been a lemon.

Guest rebeldrummer

I just bought one of these last week on the reccomendation of Bill and Mike at Bills Outpost in Maryville TN. Two of the local LE divisions have been buying them as their backups, or so I am told by a few guys around here. Alot of good feedback from these people as well. Affordable and dependable is the general word.

Guest Aces&8s

I have had my PF-9 for a couple of years now, and really like it. It is snappy, but less so than my LCR with +P rounds. I have had one FTE, but I chalk that up to the ammo, since I had the same problem with my Ruger P95 with that same box of ammo. KT does not recommend shooting a lot of +P through the PF-9, so I practice with standard pressure rounds, and then run a mag or two of my carry ammo through it (I am using Corbon PowerBall 110 grain +P).

I can say that adding the Hogue grip, pinky extension, and the trigger shoe helped a lot with the handling of the gun. The pinky extension falls between my ring finger and pinky, but it seems to help keep the gun from twisting in my grip (like I said, it is snappy ;) ).

Thanks for the tips. I picked one up today at Guns & Leather and I shot the crap out of it with no failures.

It is snappy like some of you mentioned, but not too bad. My only complaint is that I shoot low with it, but after a few shots I was able to correct it.

After making the correction, I found that the PF9 is pretty damn accurate. In fact I was surprised at how well I was shooting with it.

I'll have to check out the Hogue grip GTV mentioned, because it did beat my hand up pretty bad after 200 rounds.

Thanks again for the tips.

I'll have to check out the Hogue grip GTV mentioned, because it did beat my hand up pretty bad after 200 rounds.

You'll want the Hogue Handall Junior. Put it on upside down so the smaller part of the front is below the finger groove. It's a HUGE help.

I also smoothed out the ridge in the trigger with an emery board. Ended up being a pretty comfortable shoot, but still not a range gun. :)

Enjoy!

Congrats on the purchase.

I really like my PF9. No failures so far. It chewed the palm of my hand up a little the first time I took it to the range. I took some 400 grit sandpaper to the rough, unfinished seams on the back of the grip, and that improved the comfort level tremendously while shooting this gun. It doesn't bother me at all now.

I find it to be very accurate, and very easy to carry. It disappears under a T-shirt.

Nice little gun that doesn't break the bank.

Guest Aces&8s
You'll want the Hogue Handall Junior. Put it on upside down so the smaller part of the front is below the finger groove. It's a HUGE help.

Good point, JMB... I had forgotten that I put mine on upside down, too. Feels better and gives better access to the mag release. I might have to try the emery board, although after a few hundred rounds, the trigger on mine has smoothed out quite a bit

Also, when I first bought mine, I was shooting low and slightly to the left with it, primarily due to the trigger pull, I think. I just was not used to such a long pull on a semiauto. The more I practiced with it and learned how to stage that trigger, as well as installing the oversized trigger shoe, helped a lot in bringing my POI to the POA.

if any of you guys are interested(hope this doesnt violate terms) I have an M-TAC/Comp tac Minotaur Gladiator Holster they are new 80 + shipping, think I picked this one up for 69, its an OWB leather/kydex holster that tucks up against your body well, I've started solely pocket carrying my pf9, is anyone wants a great deal make me an offer via PM, I have the shipping option available.

WEBSITE: Outside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur Gladiator Holster

Dropkick, if you haven't shot one, I suggest you do so before purchasing one. I qwned one for a short while. The trigger pull was hard and it had a long reset. If you do not release the trigger completely, it will not fire the next round. The ejector broke after less than 100 rounds. Of course this was just my experience and the gun may have been a lemon.

Ditto what he said. :)

Scroll down to the bottom of this page: GoldenLoki.com I recommend that every Keltec centerfire pistol have this done to it KEL-TEC DIY Reliability Prep On hardchrome KTs just make sure you clean the frame well and keep it lubed and cleaned. A pocket gun picks up all kinds of crud quickly even if you have it in a decent pocket holster.

I also afixed the trigger shoe to both of the ones that I have had and my KT 32. The wider trigger makes a huge difference. GoldenLoki.com KEL-TEC Trigger Shoe / Stop To do this well you should have access to a dremel to shape the trigger shoe better for your individual taste.

As far as grip goes you can get a bicycle inner tube that stretches tightly around the grip and cut it to fit. It still carries slim and confidently but the gun is a little easier to shoot at the range.

Edited by graycrait
clarification