Explosive reactive targets

graydw1

Watching previews for TopShot and remembering last year, can you buy exploding plate targets? Or did they have a jar of tannerite sitting behind the target? Can you make your own by buying the tannerite jars and mix with water to make a paste and smear it on something to get the same result?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

I've redacted the above message for several reasons.

1. While tannerite is completely legal, and the components are legal to ship so long as they are separate, they obviously become explosive once mixed. The smaller quantities typically possessed by an individual, while quite dangerous, are much less so than going to the co-op and buying bags of fertilizer in 100lbs. increments.
  2. If the wrong person finds out what you are buying that fertilizer for, you will end up on a list that you won't easily get off of. This is after all, the same primary ingredient Timothy McVeigh used at Oklahoma City.
  3. Transportation of mixed targets is both stupid, and a legally gray area, but generally recognized to be illegal without a permit.
  4. Most importantly, while there are plenty of recipes out there, this is an explosive with a brisance of over 22,000fps. I don't want someone rolling their own and blowing themselves up from a recipe they got on TGO.

Man, how times have changed. I feel like such a grown up.

Edited by MacGyver
I've redacted the above message for two reasons.

1. While tannerite is completely legal, and the components are legal to ship so long as they are separate, they obviously become explosive once mixed. The smaller quantities typically possessed by an individual, while quite dangerous, are much less so than going to the co-op and buying bags of fertilizer in 100lbs. increments.
  2. If the wrong person finds out what you are buying that fertilizer for, you will end up on a list that you won't easily get off of. This is after all, the same primary ingredient Timothy McVeigh used at Oklahoma City.
  3. Transportation of mixed targets is both stupid, and a legally gray area, but generally recognized to be illegal without a permit.
  4. Most importantly, while there are plenty of recipes out there, this is an explosive with a brisance of over 22,000fps. I don't someone rolling their own and blowing themselves up from a recipe they got on TGO.

Man, how times have changed. I feel like such a grown up.

Um.... I think that's 4 reasons. Sucks getting old, doesn't it? :confused:

thats true but it is the exact thing they use and yes you never transport them mixed you mixed before you shoot and the aluminium powder is why it takes a rifle round to set it of the fertilizer is harmless with out a catilist but i honestly didnt think about it like that we used it for a charity benifit would have cost a fortune be careful with the normal tannerite all the 4 rules still apply above for it also. explosive is an explosive.