Natural spider sprays?

laktrash

Spider season is coming . Anybody have any ideas on a natural spider spray ? We live on the lake and it looks like Munsters house here in the summer time. I did a search didn't come up with much. I saw vinegar and always heard soap would work. Would like to use something for inside that was pet safe .I don't fight the outside battle,but would like to take care of them arond the doorways and garage.

saw this

1 cup of vegetable oil, 1/4 cup of dawn liquid soap, 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix oil soap and extract in a container. Now in a spray bottle put 1 table spoon of the mixture for every 1 cup of water. shake and spray your spiders away.

Edited by laktrash
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a few that live in my Jeep, they live up and around the A-pillar, I get webs along my windshield. That last few days, they, 2 of them, keep coming out and crawling around while I drive. Not fun. Hate those little bastards.

I got a few that live in my Jeep, they live up and around the A-pillar, I get webs along my windshield. That last few days, they, 2 of them, keep coming out and crawling around while I drive. Not fun. Hate those little bastards.

You are going to have to burn your Jeep. It's the only logical thing to do! :)

Sorry OP, I have no non-toxic or flame free solutions.

One of the nice things about being in the chemical industry is you have access to the good stuff. I make a dilute solution of permethrin carried in a solvent with emulsifiers. There are no bugs inside my house, at least not those that are living.

I believe that weak solutions of permethrin are available to the general public. It is by no means natural, but it is effective. If you have any animals inside your house, I would not recommend using it.

You are going to have to burn your Jeep. It's the only logical thing to do! :)

Sorry OP, I have no non-toxic or flame free solutions.

Yea, because where you see two, there are probably eleventybillion little evil offsprings. I grabbed one with a napkin the other morning, thought, got him, looked in the napkin, the little bastard jumped out, I am glad I stopped, and my 3yr old almost learned the F word!

We use CD-80 from the co-op dont think its anything natural but it will flat drop anything for some time. I can spray around door facings when the lady bugs hit and have piles around the doors in a day, spiders kinda quiver and ball up and it will last for a good while after you spray.

I've purchased Suspend SC over the internet and used it with good results. Lasts several months and does not have an odor and you can't see it on anything after spraying. I don't have pets but it's said to be ok after it dries. I mix up a gallon and spray the whole house and basement sometimes the garage, maybe twice a year.

One of the nice things about being in the chemical industry is you have access to the good stuff. I make a dilute solution of permethrin carried in a solvent with emulsifiers. There are no bugs inside my house, at least not those that are living.

Not to hijack the thread, but does this mean you have access to, or know how to make, DDT?

Not to hijack the thread, but does this mean you have access to, or know how to make, DDT?

No, I do not have access to DDT. Can I make it? I have never run the reaction, but I don't think it would be a problem. Will I make any? No.