Maryville Gun Show

Guest Linoge

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show is near the Harley Davidson dealer on Larmar Alexander parkway (hwy 321) At the Guard armory.

I think its tomorrow as well. I went last year with a few friends and met others coming out. We all agreed it was the worst show ever. They would not even let you sell guns outside the door.

Guest mbushell
Show is near the Harley Davidson dealer on Larmar Alexander parkway (hwy 321) At the Guard armory.

I think its tomorrow as well. I went last year with a few friends and met others coming out. We all agreed it was the worst show ever. They would not even let you sell guns outside the door.

Isn't free trade one of our basic rights? How can they even do that...Putting a sign on your trunk lid is no different than an ad in the paper is it?

Guest TargetShooter84
Are you kidding? :D

Maryville is about 15 or 20 minutes south of Knoxville down Alcoa Highway. Just past the airport.

Might I suggest Hooked on Phonics for you? :D

Difference between "in" and "is".

My question said where IN maryville, not where IS maryville?

:D

From their Craigslist ad:

Big Gun Show at the MARYVILLE National Guard Armory , Feb 19-20 , 2011

1721 W Larmar Alexander Parkway Maryville TN -----across from Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson

Thousands of Guns and Knifes, Hunting and shooting gear, Camo ,Ammo, and much more.

BRING YOUR GUNS BRING YOUR KNIFES

Buy Sell Trade Buy Sell Trade Buy Sell Trade

Sat 9- 5 Sun 10- 3

Admission $7.00 12 and under free with paying adult

Print this ad for $1.00 off Print this ad for $1.00 off

Sounds like you can bring guns to sell privately, but damned if I know how that works at an Armory.

Well, out of all of the gun shows I have been to in Kalifornistan, Florida, and Tennessee, that would have to be the smallest, saddest, and most pathetic show I have ever been to. Maybe 30 tables, with half of them not even having guns, one dealer not even showing up (though people did find the KRISS he had), and hardly anything approximating 'selection'. The best that can be said for it is that I found someone who does work on M-Ns...

Speaking of, anyone dealt with RECOMM Ordnance Work before?

• 2 weeks later...

A little 'behind the times' on this one but I did go. Normally, that and other shows organized by that same promoter are my absolute favorite to go to (they are called Great American Gun and Knife Shows, iirc.) No, I am not joking. Notice, however, that I said, "normally."

The reason is one, particular dealer who attends those shows. He keeps 'gun show' inventory that he does not sell in his storefront. A lot of 'well-used' rifles and handguns for good prices and sold on a pretty much 'as is' basis - and the last time I saw him at a show he told me that he wasn't fooling with the RK shows any more (and, generally speaking, neither am I.) When I go to a gun show, I am not looking for an ubertactical rifle or a $10,000 custom engraved shotgun made from steel of a type that is only available from a small village in the Amazon basin. I also don't go looking for beef jerky or junky tools. I go looking for shooters at good prices and that dealer delivers. And he wasn't at the last one in Maryville. And yes, it sucked.

If anyone is interested, these are examples of what I mean by 'shooters at good prices' - some of the guns I have bought from the dealer in question at past shows in Maryville:

The first gun I bought from him was this Winchester 190 for $79. In the interests of full disclosure, when I took it out to shoot I found that it didn't reliably load the last round in the tube mag. It worked perfectly, otherwise. I ordered a new inner mag tube assembly from Numrich and it now shoots just as reliably as my nephew's brand new 10/22:

Image1.jpg

Then there were a couple of old shotguns from the next Maryville show. I wanted to let my wife try out shooting shotguns and mine all had too long a LOP for her. She wanted a single to start out due to simplicity of operation. The Stevens 20 gauge that is in the pic fit her well. We bought it for $69 or $79 - I can't remember for sure but I am pretty sure it was $69. I bought the bolt action at the same time because I didn't have a 20 gauge and I thought that one was neat (that is an adjustable choke on the end of the barrel.) IIRC, it was $79 but it might have been $89. Can't remember for certain. She decided that she isn't crazy about shooting shotguns but I like shooting the Stevens (although it doesn't like extracting/ejecting high brass loads once it gets warm - no problem with low brass, at all - it is an older shotgun, after all) and for the money we aren't out much.

FullViewBoth2.jpg

Finally, I bought this H&R 930 from the same dealer (you'd think I'd know his name or the name of his business by now but I don't) at a show by the same promoter that was in Morristown several months back. I didn't have a DA .22 revolver. I wanted one for basic DA revolver practice and didn't want to pay a big price. I paid $99 for this one and it works well for the purpose for which I wanted it.

002.jpg

after a little Flitz and some elbow grease, it doesn't look too bad:

001.jpg

Edited by JAB