My new FNH FS2000

Guest m4coyote

Guest m4coyote

I picked up a new FS2000 last weekend at the gun show, and really love it. So far, it has digested 150 trouble free rounds of .223 55gr. WWB, and has easily surpassed my expectations for accuracy and function. The FS2000 is the most compact and best balanced rifle I have ever owned, and It is a reloaders dream for a semi auto because all the empties fall from the front of the rifle, and they land in a nice pile at your feet. Not one brass case was lost!

It is extremely modular, and is the most easily field stripped rifle I have ever seen. A simple push of the take down pin is all that is required to separate the gun into its elemental modular components (upper receiver, lower receiver, hammer group, and bolt assembly).

Recoil from this rifle is relatively nil, and quick multiple hits are easily accomplished at 50 yards. I can't wait to give this thing a try on some close quarters coyotes!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice writeup! Hope you continue to do write ups as you use the rifle more. Id be really interested in how it performs over time and your impressions if they change. I wondered if thered be problems w/ ejection for shots made at an upward incline. Just wondering....

Sam Fisher uses one of those

And his sidearm is an FN FiveSeven which is still my favorite of all my pistols. 20rds, less than 2lbs, and 2100fps cant be wrong :blush:

Though I quote James from Coal Creek "You better shoot them in the head or the heart with that unless you want to wait for them to bleed to death" lol.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
Guest m4coyote

I ran another 200 rounds of WWB 55gr. through the FS2000 this week, and am more impressed with it as time goes on. It still has a perfect zero malfunction record, and is quickly becoming my favorite rifle.

I have not had a safe opportunity to shoot it upwards, but some of the ejection test videos I have seen seem to indicate that it would have no trouble getting the empties out no matter what position the rifle is fired from.

The rifle set me back about $2200.00, and so far, seems to be a good deal. FN has a free C-more electronic dot sight offer going on right now, so I sent them the required info to get it. I also plan to mount some sort of magnified optic sight on it, so that I can seriously try the little rifle out at 100 yard and greater ranges.

The barrel has a twist rate of 1 in 7, and this indicates that it should really perform better accuracy wise with one of the heavier bullets. I will give some of the 60gr. and up pills a try once a scope is mounted.

The back up iron sights supplied on the rifle are mounted a little low for me, but they are completely serviceable. A properly mounted scope should really provide a more comfortable shooting position & cheek weld.

I will be glad to take any pictures of the rifle or its parts you guys would like to see, but apparently without admin approval, can't post them directly on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...