3 gun

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4
How do you guys carry your shotgun shells in the long stages- like the 20 round stage?

Very carefully. :)

The gamers have shell carriers for the belt, but us novices just use a pocket. Although I hope not to have to go to the pocket stash, with my 6-round receiver-mounted holder and 5-round elastic holder on the buttstock. That plus the 8+1 already in the gun puts me right at 20. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4

I use the Man Mountain Engineering 4 shell caddies. I started out with the California Competition Works 6 shell caddies but those didn't work out so well with my tactical belly. LOL

I also have an 8 round side saddle on the receiver.

How do you guys carry your shotgun shells in the long stages- like the 20 round stage?

I have 2 choate 6 round caddies, a home made kydex caddy that will hold 4 and 2 AR mag holders that will hold 3ea for a total of 22. The choates are not the most comfy but they are affordable.

My first 2 matches i used a walmart belt shell carrier bag. It was just big enough to hold a box of shells. I would tear the top off and stick then entire box shells in it. I still use is as a spare. Similar to this:

MP10000289786_P255045_500X500.jpg

Guest gw2and4
I started out with the California Competition Works 6 shell caddies but those didn't work out so well with my tactical belly. LOL

Tactical belly. :poop:

Well I have spent the last two nights in my basement with my hodge-podge of tactical gear/wannabe g i joe stuff, arranging and rearranging. I took an old tool belt and put a shell holder and mag holders on it and wore it around the house. My wife thinks I am a lunatic, but that means I am doing something right. I don't know if tacticool or tactifool is more appropriate.

Heh I hear that. My wife just decided she loves this, so after her first round last month we have been scrabbling to get a half decent setup to share. Every little thing is a pain sometimes. I get here a mini-14 and a set of 223 reloading dies and darn it all if I dont get the 5th case stuck in the die and its not coming out anytime soon. I get tube extender for the shot gun and on the back its all like "just undo a screw and pop it on, a 3rd grader can do it" then I open it up and inside its "except for YOUR model gun, which needs 20 hours of dremel grindage to make this tube fit and even after that the shells will hang up until its polished mirror smooth". I send the wife out for slugs for the upcoming and she finds loaded to the max 1650 FPS elephant busters (they were the cheapest ones says she), guess who gets to shoot THOSE in the upcoming match while I had to find HER a set of 1300 FPS target loads...

Its not all bad tho. That mini-14 is COOL and fun to shoot, and the rings that came with it actually worked, and I was actually able to get a scope on it and she zeroed it in for us pretty well. It does lose all our brass, ruger apparently things 223 brass isnt worth saving and is best launched to the moon to ensure that your area does not become cluttered. And I got a new 9mm out of the deal, cheap ruger p85 but its a great gun. I dont mind sharing but I drew a line at that glock of hers, I cant stand that thing.

The actual competition last time was fun, though. Getting started pains should be about over (I hope) and we can move on to a slow paced upgrade strategy as we see what other guys have & round out our gear. I can say that all fun and games aside, if I am ever faced with 20 guys like that stage last month, I am running away, not charging in, esp if they remain standing after I shoot them like those cardboard guys do..!

Well I have spent the last two nights in my basement with my hodge-podge of tactical gear/wannabe g i joe stuff, arranging and rearranging. I took an old tool belt and put a shell holder and mag holders on it and wore it around the house. My wife thinks I am a lunatic, but that means I am doing something right. I don't know if tacticool or tactifool is more appropriate.

The looks by the wife will continue.....be prepared. Start off slow and get what you think you need over time thus not causing you to sleep on the couch or outside.

I send the wife out for slugs for the upcoming and she finds loaded to the max 1650 FPS elephant busters (they were the cheapest ones says she), guess who gets to shoot THOSE in the upcoming match while I had to find HER a set of 1300 FPS target loads...

You are for certain sleeping outside!