Who to call to check on permit status?

Guest Rooster

Guest Rooster

Guys, what's the number to call and check the status of my carry permit. It has been 30 days and want to see what the status is.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rooster

I just called

ME: I need to check the Status of my permit application.

Lady: How long ago did you submit your application?

ME: 30 days ago

Lady: Well you know it takes up to 90 days

ME: Yes I know

Lady: ok thank you....Hangs up

ME: WTF!

What's up with that?

Guest Rooster
From what I hear, it should be showing up about now.

Well thats what I figured, but just wanted to check and see if it had been issued. I didn't expect to be hung up on.

• Administrator
I just called

What's up with that?

Call back and ask to speak with someone else. I have heard plenty of stories about folks calling and getting much nicer, more accommodating employees who were more than happy to check for them.

Guest GlocKingTN

The people that work there do NOT have to tell you anything they dont want to. If they tell you anything, its out of the kindness of their heart. When I called, I was just as polite as I could be and the lady told me what I needed to know. The one you talked to must have had a bad day already or something! I would say to call back and try again!

Guest db99wj

Try again the lady that I spoke with and JCE spoke with was extremely nice. She told me that they were waiting on my class certificate to be scanned if I could fax it, she would get it completed...she did.

Yep, it could be the lady had just been reprimanded by her boss, or her kid

got in trouble in school, or maybe just has a bad case of PMS :D

Call back, be as polite as possible and maybe you'll find out

Good luck :lol:

• 2 years later...
Guest Taurus1911

I took the class on march 26 did all the paper work the next day and fingerprints. They told me 2 weeks and I laughed. I called today and I told them I wanted to check on a permit they asked my DL# and that was it. They told me 7 to 10 days. They were not real nice about it but did not ask how long it has been or anything like that. So it does seem that you have to call to get it sent!

Edited by Taurus1911
I just called

What's up with that?

Mine's not been 30 days yet, but that sounds about like the conversation that I had when I called. I figure I'll just try again when I get a chance.