Doberman Pincher puppies

Puppies & more puppies. Born 2/27/11

Smith & Wesson has a beautiful litter of puppies. She had 13 but lost the runt. :)

She has as follows:

Black Male= 6

Black Female= 3

Red Male=2

Red Female= 1

Not for sale as of yet, but if you wanna talk?

The will be for sale, but Angel is saying she wants to keep one. :)

Sorry for the cell pics. Batteries are down in the camera.

Puppies073.jpg

Puppies074.jpg

Old pic of mom(Wesson):

013-1.jpg

Old pic of dad (Smith):

012-1.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been curious about the breed but don't know much about them. I want a good guard dog but I don't want one that's overly aggressive. I can't stand a dog that barks at every noise it hears.

I'm sure you're a bit biased :) but what can you tell me about the breed?

And how much do you think you are going to sell them for? Feel free to PM me if you want

As a breed 1/2 the people you see or meet will say they are "bad" dogs or "mean" dogs.

From my experience with them they are as good of a dog as there is.

The normally come with a little over excitement, they do take some training to keep them from jumping up on people.

My dogs don't bark at much but when the do it scares the hell out of me. :)

My dogs do well with visitors as well , but I am very cautious about fast moves & loud noises when the are with strangers.

Have not though of the price. It will come soon. :)

O before the question they are AKC registered.

Edited by xd shooter
Guest Tony66

The breed is great, very good working dog that loves to please its master. My girl was a warlock at 120 lbs and lived to be 15 years old. I still miss her every day, she was great with people and other animals. I trained her myself and she wanted to learn. Now I have a red pit, a ****zu and a yorkie and let me say the ****zu is the boss of the house.

I am not as knowledgable about dogs as others here but I would like to add a little for Eric. We just had to put down our 13 year old female Dobie. Baylee was by far a "mean looking" dog, but in all actuallity she was a 79 pound lap dog. My wife had her before we were married and the dog was not socialized. While not mean she didnt take to strangers. Lucky for me the first time she met me she only have a small yelp and went about her business. I guess that was the dogs way of telling Debi to keep me around. :D So a Dobie can be trained as a guard dog and still be good playful dogs. As far as shedding, yes they do. Short black hair everywhere. LOL I use to vacuum once a week but with the dog and a new born son I learned to vacuum every day, of which that habit has continued after the dogs passing. We have been thinking about getting another dog in the near future and havent decided on a species yet. If the price is good/fair we may very well go back to a Dobie.

XD, keep me in mind when you do decide to sell. Rest assured the dog will be spoiled and well cared for. We still have the dog fence up, doggie door into the garge that is air conditioned for the last dog. Did I mention that the previous dog was spoiled?

Edited by buck1032
Good Lord, I need to learn how to type and spell. LOL
Guest Tony66

You can pet the hair off them and it is all over everything. They are naturally great protectors when they need to be and a lap dog when they want to be.

Guest Angel 24/7

I love Dobermans. I grew up with one. (Charity) We were allowed to ride our bikes threw town and neighborhood when we were kids. She was always with us. Never did she bark or go after anyone. If you got to close she would growl.

When Xdshooter and I were talking about a breed of dog we would like, that was the one I wanted. My kids have protection.

The kids and I were home without Allan one day, a stranger came to the door, Wesson was about a year old, She was not letting anyone in that door. I did not tell her it was ok, So if I would have opened that door..........

We tap their shoulders and tell them it is ok. They smell you and go on about their business.

I think as any breed, it is all how you raise them, how much time, and attention, it takes alot of time and patience.

We are on our 4th Doberman. All but one have come from rescue groups. All 4 of them have thought they were lap dogs. All were/are intensely loyal and protective of their people. My oldest son learned to walking holding the stub of our dogs tail and following him around the house. They do like attention from thier people and will usually find a way ot get it. ie sitting in your lap when you pretend to ignore them. Kind of looking for another one now, just don't tell the wife. She just loves surprises! :D

We inherited a 100-lb Doberman named Ben. He was a "rescue dog" that my in-laws got from somewhere...I think he was found wandering around in the rain somewhere, so we don't have any history. I don't even know how old he is, but I suspect about 10 years old now. My mother-in-law passed away a few years ago and my father-in-law remarried about a year later...to a lady who doesn't like dogs. So, we told them we would take Ben (we already had other dogs too). Ben is very afraid of rain and if there is thunder he will shake all over and lean against us...I think that might be from something in his past. He and the other dogs chase squirrels in the back yard and bark when somebody comes to the house, but they are all very sweet and I would say Ben is probably the calmest and most polite dog we have. We also have a 6 pound Chihuahua that will jump all over the Doberman and he puts up with it...he could eat that little dog in one bite, but would never do it because they are friends.

The only bad side is Ben does not like cats AT ALL. We used to have a cat named Hazel. Hazel and Ben lived in the same house for about a year, but one day we were all gone and when my wife came home she said it looked like a CSI crime scene...the cat had been killed by Ben (I suspect the Chihuahua and the others were in on it too). So, if you don't have cats and want a cool dog, I would highly recommend a Doberman. But if you have cats, you might want to get the dog young and train it to be around them without eating them. Also, his farts smell like a mixture of a rotting carcass and a chemical plant.

Good luck, B

Edited by Bassoneer