I got me a work from home job.

Guest tnxdshooter

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing quality assurance call monitoring on technical calls for Time Warner Cable.

Surely I'm not the only one seeing the humor here.

A deaf guy being hired to listen in on phone calls?

That would be like me getting hired to test Stairmasters...

Anyway, congrats to you, Alpha.

Edited by strickj
Guest tnxdshooter
Wow, you must have really pissed off customers calling in if you need armed security license for that job.

- OS

No, armed security is what I want to do for a career. It pays alot more than what I am doing. I am just using this job as a spring board for greater things. I dont talk to customers at all.

Guest tnxdshooter
Surely I'm not the only one seeing the humor here.

A deaf guy being hired to listen in on phone calls?

That would be like me getting hired to test Stairmasters...

Anyway, congrats to you, Alpha.

I didnt say I was deaf I said i have a severe hearing impairment. There is a difference. If I didnt have my hearing aids I would be legally deaf. However, with my hearing aids in I can hear fine most of the time. Since I am hearing impaired I am still entitled to vocational rehab etc. through the state.

No, armed security is what I want to do for a career. It pays alot more than what I am doing. I am just using this job as a spring board for greater things. I dont talk to customers at all.

I'm so glad you explained that - would hate to think you recognized a joke.

- OS

Guest tnxdshooter
Just joking. Don't take things so seriously.

I didn't know that Voc. Rehab. offered assistance to the hard of hearing. I thought that they only accepted those with psychical or mental disabilities.

I wasnt takin it seriously at all. Some people dont know the difference sometimes I have to splain.

Guest tnxdshooter
Just joking. Don't take things so seriously.

I didn't know that Voc. Rehab. offered assistance to the hard of hearing. I thought that they only accepted those with psychical or mental disabilities.

I thought so to originally to but my audiologist told me different. She put me in touch with em.

Working from home has a few hidden curses. I've worked from home for 7 years now.

Of those curses, foremost is time. Time begins to lose it's substantial meaning. I remember 2007 like it was yesterday...because it was yesterday! If not for my iPod in my pocket I couldn't make out receipts because I wouldn't have any idea what day it is. The ONLY reason I know when it's Sunday is because we only work half a day on Saturday and I know to NOT set my clock that night.

A close second is disillusionment with the public. I thought I hated the sheeple when I worked in town. Now I don't don't have to commute and mingle with them on a daily basis which means I am no longer numb to it, WHICH means I get SUPER angry when I have to drive and rub elbows with them. My patience for the idiot populace at large that can't drive, can't decide what to order, can't figure out how the self check out works is all but gone. The fact that I don't interact with them daily is directly responsible.

Just be mindful my friend.

There are exponentially more benefits than deficiencies though.

No:

*$100+ spent in gas

*Wear and tear on your vehicle (and nerves)

* no wasted $$$ on fast food (your heart will thank you)

*eat from your own fridge

*crap in your bathroom (don't laugh, it's worth a lot!)

*No worries about open carry!

*the list goes on

Kings to you on your new job!

Guest tnxdshooter
Working from home has a few hidden curses. I've worked from home for 7 years now.

Of those curses, foremost is time. Time begins to lose it's substantial meaning. I remember 2007 like it was yesterday...because it was yesterday! If not for my iPod in my pocket I couldn't make out receipts because I wouldn't have any idea what day it is. The ONLY reason I know when it's Sunday is because we only work half a day on Saturday and I know to NOT set my clock that night.

A close second is disillusionment with the public. I thought I hated the sheeple when I worked in town. Now I don't don't have to commute and mingle with them on a daily basis which means I am no longer numb to it, WHICH means I get SUPER angry when I have to drive and rub elbows with them. My patience for the idiot populace at large that can't drive, can't decide what to order, can't figure out how the self check out works is all but gone. The fact that I don't interact with them daily is directly responsible.

Just be mindful my friend.

There are exponentially more benefits than deficiencies though.

No:

*$100+ spent in gas

*Wear and tear on your vehicle (and nerves)

* no wasted $$$ on fast food (your heart will thank you)

*eat from your own fridge

*crap in your bathroom (don't laugh, it's worth a lot!)

*No worries about open carry!

*the list goes on

Kings to you on your new job!

I have always been kind of anti social anyways so this work from home deal is good for me.

Guest tnxdshooter
I'm not sure that is the only joke that could be made here...:poop:....;)

I got a feeling that some on this here board do not like me. That is okay and their choice.

Guest Lester Weevils

There is a lower bound of mileage below which it doesn't save on insurance. At least with Liberty Mutual. Maybe some insurance companies have a bargain rate for incredibly low mileage.

I was driving about 4000 miles per year for a long time. Got a new truck and retired the old van as an occasional hauler. Now the old van hits the road less than once a month for a few miles.

Mentioned it to the insurance guy. He said that their minimum premium kicks in below 7500 miles per year, so I have to pay the same per vehicle whether it is 4000 miles per year or 200 miles per year. Anything below the minimum mileage pays the same rate.

Guest tnxdshooter
There is a lower bound of mileage below which it doesn't save on insurance. At least with Liberty Mutual. Maybe some insurance companies have a bargain rate for incredibly low mileage.

I was driving about 4000 miles per year for a long time. Got a new truck and retired the old van as an occasional hauler. Now the old van hits the road less than once a month for a few miles.

Mentioned it to the insurance guy. He said that their minimum premium kicks in below 7500 miles per year, so I have to pay the same per vehicle whether it is 4000 miles per year or 200 miles per year. Anything below the minimum mileage pays the same rate.

I have farm bureau I will check it out.

Guest WyattEarp
Should be able to. I use the one from the state stationed in chattanooga that is with the state deaf and hard of hearing deal.

i inquired with my counselor, and she said they can't help me find a part time summer job, because if they did that would consider me "vocationally rehabilitated". :poop:

Guest tnxdshooter
i inquired with my counselor, and she said they can't help me find a part time summer job, because if they did that would consider me "vocationally rehabilitated". :poop:

Sounds like you got a crappy voc rehab counselor. Sorry.

Guest WyattEarp
Sounds like you got a crappy voc rehab counselor. Sorry.

mines not through the state, it's through the Veterans Administration, and im still in college through their voc rehab program. i just dont see how they can think everyone is going to go to school 3 semesters a year for 4 years....because I've gone 7 straight and I need a break from school this summer.

Guest tnxdshooter
mines not through the state, it's through the Veterans Administration, and im still in college through their voc rehab program. i just dont see how they can think everyone is going to go to school 3 semesters a year for 4 years....because I've gone 7 straight and I need a break from school this summer.

ahhhh okay. Different rules apply to that then. I see now what you mean.