Spyderco Resilience - Poor Mans Military?

Guest MrCleaner30

Guest MrCleaner30

I just picked up a Spyderco Resilience for $45. For the money its a steal and really feels like a blade double its price. However you can't ignore the strong similarities to the Spyderco Military which is almost $100 more. I haven't held a Military so I can't really tell you the differences first hand. If you have handled either or own both, please leave your comments and thoughts to help evaluate if the Military is indeed worth the extra money or not...Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spyderco makes some great knives for the money. I have a Tenacious and a Delica 4, both are great!

I haven't spent much time with the military model but it looks like a solid knife. I'm not sure I'd pay that much for it though.

Guest MrCleaner30

Ohshoot your right it is 4.25" isnt it...and the Military I believe is 4"...you think they would charge you based on .25"? That would be messed up huh.

Hopefully, you'll never be in a situation where the length of that puppy will be checked by LEO, eh?

- OS

Ohshoot your right it is 4.25" isnt it...and the Military I believe is 4"...you think they would charge you based on .25"? That would be messed up huh.

Could you be charged? Sure.

Would you be charged? Who knows? Too many variables.

You'd pretty much have to be under arrest or probable cause for something so that you were detained and searched. A cop having a bad day always ups the odds, especially if you pissed him off, maybe his arrest stats need padding, etc, whatever.

Penalty is same as carrying pistol without permit, and you could lose your HCP over it, at least for a year or so. It's just one of those laws that seems worth obeying to me. Otherwise, I'd be carrying a 6" Cold Steel Voyager.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mosinon
Could you be charged? Sure.

Would you be charged? Who knows? Too many variables.

You'd pretty much have to be under arrest or probable cause for something so that you were detained and searched. A cop having a bad day always ups the odds, especially if you pissed him off, maybe his arrest stats need padding, etc, whatever.

Penalty is same as carrying pistol without permit, and you could lose your HCP over it, at least for a year or so. It's just one of those laws that seems worth obeying to me. Otherwise, I'd be carrying a 6" Cold Steel Voyager.

- OS

Wow, I never imagined carrying a 6 inch knife would rate the same as carrying a glock. Makes no sense to me.

What also doesn't make sense is cold steels terrible videos.

If that shows up it is the worst knife /demonstration video I can imagine. Cold Steel's message seems to be people really want to cut tubing. Dangerous tactical tubing and jump ropes. If you want to illustrate cutting ability you need to mix in a tomato. If you want to make your knife taticool you need to stay away from aqurium tubing.

What also doesn't make sense is cold steels terrible videos.

I have to disagree with you on that. Perhaps my standards are higher than others', but I don't buy a blade until it's proven that it can chop the toe off a cowboy boot stuffed with sirloin.

Edited by Red5
Guest mosinon
I have to disagree with you on that. Perhaps my standards are higher than others', but I don't buy a blade until it's proven that it can chop the toe off a cowboy boot stuffed with sirloin.

I retract my criticism of cold steel's video's. Meat stuffed cowboy boots are a constant threat. Sure, hamburger no problem, but when that thing is loaded with sirloin...

Good gravy, they even built a set...

Edited by mosinon