Any thoughts or experiences with the Ruger SR 9

Guest failuredrill

Guest failuredrill

I've been interested in this gun since the article in guns and ammo and found that it seems to be a good conceal carry. The guy at the shop said it is dead accurate but the trigger pull sucks....anyother compliments or complaints.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest atomemphis

I'd love to try one. My P89 is a tank. Not concealable, but it eats anything and always goes boom. Had it many years and it shows little wear.

Hopefully they'll get an SR9 at the range soon that I can try out.

Guest slow ride

I'd love to shoot one, everything I've read/heard is all positive. Handguns (mag) just did a 15,000rds torture test on it, and it passed with flying colors.

The price is right, depending where you check. (around here @$480 OTD). I would definately take a chance on one.

Guest Halfpint

A few regular customers have picked them up and like them. I've heard basically the same thing from all of them--"Ruger is getting it right, finally."

Great capacity, okay trigger, I like the switchable backstrap . . . my one issue, having never shot one, is the position of the safety--easy enough to take off, but I found it too small to put back ON safe. Maybe it's just me.

Wouldn't mind shooting one, it seriously looks like Ruger made a viable concealed-carry gun that's not an SP-101.

Guest atomemphis

My only beef, after reading a review, is that it has a safe mechanism that prevents it from firing without a magazine in the chamber.

You can't 'rack one round', eject magazine, aim and fire. So the article lead me to believe. That being said, I have no need for such a safety so I think its an extra that didn't need any design time. It also wouldn't keep me from buying the gun, as it wouldn't inhibit me from shooting as normal - I just don't always like unnecessary frills.

My only beef, after reading a review, is that it has a safe mechanism that prevents it from firing without a magazine in the chamber.

You can't 'rack one round', eject magazine, aim and fire. So the article lead me to believe. That being said, I have no need for such a safety so I think its an extra that didn't need any design time. It also wouldn't keep me from buying the gun, as it wouldn't inhibit me from shooting as normal - I just don't always like unnecessary frills.

The article i read about it said the magazine disconnect safety is easily removed--a feature that Ruger apparently planned.

Guest atomemphis

hey, that's really pretty cool - since it is a bit of an unneeded feature it was nice of them to make it changeable - though changing it would mean you aren't covered in the event of any type of misfire (if there is such a thing)

hey, that's really pretty cool - since it is a bit of an unneeded feature it was nice of them to make it changeable - though changing it would mean you aren't covered in the event of any type of misfire (if there is such a thing)

The firing-pin safety should still be functional, like any other modern pistol, even with the magazine disconnect removed.