Check out the New Head Down AR I decided to take home with me!!! Sweeeeet!!!

Just wanted to share, very few guns impress me to the point I take one home. But we got in several of these and I just had to own one. Its a brand new AR-15 line were carrying and I always test and evaluate new stuff to make sure they withstand our warranty policy. So this ones mine. Just figured I'd share.

GUNBROKER061.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya didn't mention the manufacturer, and did it come stock with all the magpul gear or were those aftermarket?

Its Head Down products... were the Nashville area Exclusive Dealer for them. And yes, it can comes with all the magpul stuff... depending on how you order it. We ordered all of ours in this configuration.

Guest Maelphaedor

Ahh, you did mention the manufacturer in the post title, I missed that in the "AR home with me! Sweet!" bit, since the "Home with me" and the "sweet!" were the important parts. Everyone's always excited to take a new one home. :) It's pretty, if a little shiny for my taste.

Did you use Billet receivers?

No, I noticed after I posted that your upper is billet. Closer inspection (my eyes aren't as good as they used to be) and your lower is too. Mine is not. I'd like to build on a billet pair, but my God, that's a sweet lot of money I could spend elsewhere. Kings to you, that's Bad to the Bone.

Its an awesome feeling gun too. Very light. On the receiver thing, I was told they made their own uppers, lowers, and rails. Now I may be wrong because this is a new line for us, but thats what they told me. I will call my rep in the morning to confirm just to be 100% sure. I will also update you guys when I run this gun so we know what we really have.

Its an awesome feeling gun too. Very light. On the receiver thing, I was told they made their own uppers, lowers, and rails. Now I may be wrong because this is a new line for us, but thats what they told me. I will call my rep in the morning to confirm just to be 100% sure. I will also update you guys when I run this gun so we know what we really have.

Phil

They are made by David at Sun Devil on a ATF Variance Letter.

So Head Down "makes" them, but they are machined in Arizona by David, and he puts the Head Down name and rollmark on the receivers.

Not a big deal, as this is done all over the industry.

The Head Down products look great, and I am sure you will have much success with this line!